Sunday, March 01, 2009

Random updates

This is the room where we teach on Saturday. As soon as I get permission, I'll post some action shots. These kids are my angels. It is a true blessings to spend Saturday with the kids and with Mr. Paul. They teach us new things every week. :-)
Spartacus LOVES to lie on our wet towels in front of the space heater and nap in the morning. This is his favorite place. I sit on the little pink (DORA the Explorer) stool next to him and we have our morning thoughts and coffee together. (directly in front of the space heater) I have no doubt there is no sweeter soul in the universe than our Spartacus.
Today Is March 1st and we have received about 5-6 inches of snow. I know we aren't the only ones, my kids in Atlanta have snow ... Alabama is covered and I understand it is moving up the Northeastern corridor. I really just didn't expect it to be quite so much snow! I guess "they" didn't either ... not exactly projected. I hope Shay in Anderson SC got some because she LOVES it!! The slopes here are doing really great revenue wise, considering the economy and etc. Come on snow!!!!
I miss Steve A LOT. I know life goes on for us, but I sure miss his company and his sense of humor and his advice and his friendship and his smile and his generous sweet heart. I know it will pass eventually, but when I wake up and remember he is not going to be at work, I sure get sad. He left me some things, some tangible, some more of the heart. I will be forever grateful that I had him in my life for a little bit. I know there are many others who feel the same. Some of the other people who were in his life have been gifted to me as new friends and for that, I am also grateful. Turns out it is, after all, a very small world.
Hugh (my boss) is doing so much better and looks fabulous. He is home and resting this weekend, but I have a feeling he'll be back in the office with a new fire burning this week! Thank goodness! I hope to get a day off soon! My turn you guys!
My friend Vicki and her fiancee Richard, gave Paul & I a new wood burner stove for the basement. The had it in their house as their heat source and they got a new one, so we were very blessed with good friends who wanted us to be warm. I am SO thrilled and looking forward to a furnace system that blows warm air through the house. It is already set up and ready to rock ... Life is good! Vicki and Richard live in a beautiful valley in the area where we first stayed when we came to look around up here. (Valle Crucis area) They're getting married August 1st on the property. I know it will be BEAUTIFUL. It is much like a fairy tale from what I've been able to put together. Enchanted ... so sweet. Paul was taken with it, it has to be spectacular.
There is a new baby in the area ... Mike and Carrie Downing had a little boy, Tyler last week. Thank goodness there is new life! Welcome to earth,Tyler!
No news on the work front for Paul. We're talking about grabbing a welder and installing a home workshop. There are a few folks who are quite willing to help throw the work our way, even if it is welding tractor frames instead of fancy railings. Planning stages ... as goes our adventure!
Hope all of you are well and happy, taking time for joy in your lives.
Happy Week to you all ...
Paul & Cheri



No comments:

Post a Comment