Friday, March 27, 2009

Focus!

Einstein said "A human being is a part of the whole universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a prison, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
SO .... with this as my mission, why do I waste my valuable time worrying about insane things like losing weight before the wedding, wearing the right dress, making sure my nails grow out ... wondering IF I can even fit in a place other than the mountains any more!
This is what Spartacus and I have our morning meditations about! Just trying to take away the nonsense and really concentrate on what is real and important - like embracing all living creatures and remembering to be grateful for all blessings, both clear and not so clear!
When we first moved up here, Paul and I could not understand how people took Mother Nature's beauty for granted around here. After all, it is MAGNIFICENT beauty. I just keep trying to remember NOT to forget. As I age, that memory thing is a real mystery!
So, I am ever grateful to Einstein for being the brilliant man that he was and sharing his insights with those of us who need to be brought back into focus from time to time.
Thank goodness for the upcoming weekend. We truly need this one!
Happy Trails to all!
Paul & Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment