Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Simple Pleasures!

A Porch Swing! I L O V E it!!!
Freshly cut wood!

A Porch Swing! (I know, 2nd take)

The sun came out yesterday! When I arrived home from work, my sweet husband had the ladder out installing the porch swing! When he finished he took my hand and we sat on the porch swing and listened to the birds and it was very simply joyous!

The wood pile is from the trees Paul and Mr. Boone pulled out of the stream (creek) so they could install a "goat fence" to detour the goats from our yard and certain roasting if they get into Mr. Glover's garden! Mr. Boone was very generous in offering us the wood and we very gratefully accepted. Don't really know why I get to say "we", as I am never home when Paul chops and splits it. I guess he figures it's a lot easier without my help! Hmmmmm.

Hope you are all having a few simple pleasures in your lives. It certainly makes the world go round a lot smoother. One of the members came in today and I heard him tell Hugh that "everyday is a gift, some are just easier to unwrap than others".

Talk about insight! Or maybe just experience ... either way, good words!

Happy mid week to all!

Paul & Cheri




No comments:

Post a Comment