Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Mid Week

This is Melissa and Jon (my son and his fiancee') ... aren't they a GREAT couple!?! Not to mention gorgeous young adults! I'm going to Atlanta this weekend for the bridal shower! Can't wait ... getting off of the mountain, maybe see some real spring time action AND get to see the kids! I'm sure I'll get to visit with Jenn and family and maybe even visit with Sabrina! And I will be able to stop by Shay's house and visit with her for the first time since Christmas! TRAVEL! What a concept! Whoo hoo! Only yucky part for me is that Mr. Glover has chosen to stay home. I don't blame him, but I sure will miss his company!

This is the epitome of March, in like a lion, out like a lamb. Except for here where it snowed this Monday just past, and we are expecting it to snow again this coming Monday! Not quite over with winter here, but we are singing praise that we aren't having the blizzard and flood the northern Midwest is experiencing!! These boys are such entertainment for Paul & I!!! This is what they look like while we are having our television hour in the evenings. The family sofa! What a hoot!

I went to a bridal shower for my friend Jennie Kress last Sunday. Such is the season apparently. Anyway, thought these decorations were so cool and a fabulous effect. They look like they are just totally suspended in mid air! (I can't tell the magic secret!) Very fun for anyone looking for a fun idea. I'm thinking about hanging them in the dining room just because!


One of the reasons I carry the camera around is for moments like this! Paul and I rode through the town of Hampton and this sign just cracked us up! LAUNDRY MAT for starters (you know, as opposed to Laundromat?), but mixed with an Internet cafe ... and inside .... the whole thing was questionable, but quaint! Although I don't think we'll revisit any time soon, it was fun.

These are the boys sunbathing in amongst the avocado tree, sage and other herbs in the dining room sunlight. They find the sunlight no matter HOW small the dollops are! Cats seem to really understand the necessity of vitamin D!

How do you like the baby strawberry plants?? Especially the one in the Santa planter? One of these is an orange tree ... can you guess which one? Anyway, we hope to have LOTS of strawberries mid summer .... will keep you posted!


This is our NEW wood burning furnace in the basement! Isn't it fabulous! And man, is it ever warm! We are so very grateful to Vicki and Richard for their very generous gift to us. I may now NOT freeze next winter. Thank goodness!!!!!

That's about it from Green Acres. There are 100 things going on, but makes me too tired to tell all , so I'll just keep it light and hope you all know we send you good thoughts and happy wishes each and every day. In particular we are keeping very good thoughts for Caroline who is staring down some scary health things. We are sending very HAPPY BIRTHDAY wishes to Victor, Jen's husband, Christian's father and our son-in-law! Hope it's a great birthday on APRIL 2nd!!
And we are asking for safe travels to all who are going to Chechessee Creek this Friday to witness the scattering of the ashes of our dear sweet friend, Steve. He wished to be given back to the earth at the golf course in which he was the happiest ever in his short life. And his wish was specific in true Steve fashion. His sweet friends and golf buddies have arranged to make his last wishes come true. So be it. Rest in peace, Steve. I will always miss your precious adorable presence, but will always feel your sweet spirit present. I am very grateful for having known you.
And now we move on...

Happy Mid week to all,
Paul and Cheri










1 comment:

  1. Still wish I was closer and could have been there. Reminding myself daily what you said and know that you're right... :) Love your blog Cheri! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete