Monday, April 06, 2009

Bridal shower weekend!

This is what most of our floors look like. Paul stripped the floors in January 2007!
When I arrived home Sunday this is what the den/library floor looked like! BEAUTIFUL!! So Paul outdid himself while I was in Atlanta. WHOO HOO! What a surprise! This baby is GORGEOUS! Only 2 more coats to go! Unfortunately the snow will slow the process as it has to be warmer than 20 degrees to treat the floors with the polyurethane. (more like 60 degrees!)

This is my stowaway, Artemis. Isn't he funny! He really wanted to stay in the suitcase until he realized I was going to zip it up ... he happily removed himself at that point.

Most precious ...

Azaleas in bloom in Atlanta. The colors are so brilliant and incredible.

And the lawns are absolutely magnificent.

Dogwoods, dogwoods and more dogwoods! Oh my beating heart! It is so incredibly gorgeous!(and a lot different from the mountains in April!)

This is Melissa at the bridal shower. A beautiful woman and she'll be a beautiful bride.

Happy Melissa!

And the coolest of cool! This is Christian, the best wii bowler of current times!
I had a wonderful trip. The drive was uneventful (thank heavens) and the weather was stellar. I was able to meet many new people and reconnect with many old friends. Melissa's mom, Jane hosted me in her own home and treated me like a queen. What wonderful treasures I found all weekend long! The shower was lovely and hosted by Melissa's bridesmaids! I even got to see Sabrina and have dinner at Nick and Jim's and visit with Jon! Obviously I got to hang out with Christian, but I was also blessed with visiting with Jenn. It was a delightful trip and apparently VERY needed! (Who knew?) It was the boost my spirit needed after being through a VERY LONG winter. I'm ready to carry on now!
And thus, we are back to the grind. With weddings coming up and plenty to do!
Oh yeah, and it's snowing!! And apparently will be for a couple of days ... to the tune of some where between 4 and 7 inches worth! BRRRR ... again!
I'm cutting my caffeine intake which is my current challenge. If I growl at you, don't take it personally. I'll be better in a few weeks!
Until later ...
Cheers!
Paul & Cheri










No comments:

Post a Comment