Tuesday, February 24, 2009

HOPE

Not just any golf tee ...
A very specific golf tee

and what I am constantly reinforcing in life

For those of you who are following along, you know Paul and I have had the week from hell. We have truly fought mountains of tears and emotions we never wanted to deal with. We have watched friends crumble and ask questions that never should have had to be asked. We have met new friends and found new treasures we did not have this time last week. But it came about through a very unusual, unexpected and untimely series of events.
We have hope. We have love. We have each other.
We have anger. We have sadness and we have confusion.
And so it goes.
This morning I was "fussing" at Steve all the way to the post office. REALLY fussing ... and trying to make sense of things. I jumped out of the car (because it's 11 degrees and too cold to meander) to get the mail for the office and something on the ground caught my eye. Yep, the golf tee. For those of you who knew Steve, you know the golf tee was him. It sure helped to know he was sending me a message. Whatever the message might be, it was good enough. And it made me feel better. And it was almost as good as the morning text messages I used to get every morning .... almost. And the healing has begun.
And so it goes.
HOPE.
Thank GOD.

*the HOPE piece above is a Chrissie Grace piece. Please visit the "in His Grace" link for more of her incredible mixed media art!!!

Blessings, Paul & Cheri





No comments:

Post a Comment