Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Valentine's Day and Love

Jennifer Hall
This is my gorgeous, intelligent, HEALTHY, and incredible daughter, Jennifer.
Jennifer is my first real true love. I suppose unless you are a mom, you don't quite understand the intensity of that statement. One would think a romantic love would always be "the first love" of someone's life. I just don't believe that to be true in my case. This angel in human being form, born during an earth quake in Los Angeles, came in to my oblivious 20 year old life and began teaching me all kinds of things. First, she taught me about unconditional love, mine for her and hers for me. She taught me how to be responsible (actually she is probably still working on teaching this one!), and she taught me how to have fun - REAL fun with giggling and everything! She has continued to be my teacher through her entire life. Watching her parent my grandson is another life lesson. Their love is so precious and their relationship is so sweet that it is everything I can do to contain myself when I'm around them! It seems like the teacher and student is supposed to be the other way around, and maybe to a certain extent it is, but this beautiful woman has been the most incredible teacher I've had in my life. And though these words are generally spoken about a romantic love, in our case they have held true for us for almost 33 years ... through sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, through thick and thin ... we have stuck together and always admired and respected one another for our part in each other's lives. I am so very PROUD to have Jennifer as my first true love Valentine.
Jennifer, I love you honey. Happy Valentine's Day. xoxo
I hope all of you out there have a special Valentine!
It would figure that I would love Valentine's Day the best of all holidays ... I really seem to pick up on the HAPPY occasions! SO you will see another post on this subject ... one dedicated to my sweetheart, of course!
Happy Tuesday to all!


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:44 PM

    Wow. Jennifer looks beautiful!

    Very nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful love story. She is gorgeous, and might I say she looks just like her mother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful...brings tears to my eyes!

    ReplyDelete