Monday, February 08, 2010

Our World!

THIS is our prediction from our local weather fella for Wednesday (Ray's weather). I brought my entire desk top computer home ... monitor and all so I can just work at home. If the electricity holds up during our 50 - 70 mph winds as predicted, then all will be well.
Sooooooooo, we are once again preparing for some interesting weather pattern ... including some single digit temperatures, plenty of precipitation, obviously high winds and gusts, and hoping for the very best! Well, we haven't had a blizzard yet this year ... and in order to earn the "Mountain People Patch", it appears this is on the docket. I thought the "sewing patch" was hard to earn in the Girl Scouts! Things seem to escalate with the whole adult thing! Well, we signed up for the course, so bring it on!
On another note, Paul found the "crack in the wall" where the neighborhood cat was getting into the Indiana Jones room and he filled it in ... and proud to report ... thank goodness, no kittens! Just a very innovative stray cat! All black with no tail. Very unique! I think he brought a few of his friends around because they're all visiting the front porch. (and yowling - perfect!)
ALSO, Arti has not found his mouse. (drat!) He is as bummed about that as we are.
Paul & I had a date night on Saturday night. We went to Johnson City to see a movie. Thank goodness Paul is not skiddish about driving in the crazy weather. We were the only car in Tennessee with snow on it! So easy to find in the parking lot ... we laughed a lot. We were lucky enough to see Avatar in 3D. It is INCREDIBLE. What a beautiful story. What incredible art work! It is an excellent movie. Go see it! :-)
ALSO, the Daniel Diet is going quite brilliantly. I made it to the health food store yesterday, thanks to Janine and Mark (there is a complete ice city in Boone, Blowing Rock and Linville ... it was so beautiful with the sun shining through the ice ... but treacherous nonetheless), and found all the stuff I'm supposed to be eating! Now, I'll have plenty of food and satisfaction (I hope!). I'm finding that my pants are looser ... and I am very thankful for that. Maybe by the time the real fast is over, I'll be back to my "normal" again. It's a real interesting time ... I'm very grateful for the opportunity to see things that I was too busy and preoccupied to see before. A new perspective. Good in the midst of this crazy winter! Seems like it's going to last a while. Yippee!
Hope you are all well!
Have a great week!
Paul & Cheri

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:41 PM

    Maybe you can get the snow to do it's thing beFORE March 5th??? :-)

    ReplyDelete