Friday, November 10, 2006

One week today!



It's been one week today since we've seen hide or hair of our tree boys ... my friend Mike at the hardware store says I am a VERY impatient lady! Can you imagine that!? When I came home from my local grocery store visit yesterday, there was a VERY LARGE dump truck in my driveway. I'm hoping that means the tree boys will be here today ... and not that someone has stolen a truck and parked in in our yard! As of Sunday night, we no longer have any missing drywall in the kitchen ceiling! Yippee! Paul was quite impressive walking this large pieceof drywall up a ladder to our ceiling, (using his head as a mid balance point!) which is taller than 10 feet we've discovered. Guess we can have a pretty tall Christmas tree this year! Also, on Sunday, Paul installed our new beautiful pedestal sink ... so we are making progress around here! I rode up to Newland yesterday (about 8 miles from us, the town with 2 stop lights) and talked to a young lady who's opened a cheer and dance studio. She doesn't teach dance ... so I might just have a work opportunity very close to home. That would be lovely. I don't want to work until January, and she doesn't need me until then ... so perhaps it's a fit. We'll see! I'm practicing my patience! HA! I'm going to try to find Johnson City, TN today ... that's my big outing for the day! Johnson City has a Target and Old Navy ... Best Buy and things I haven't seen since I left the city. I think I'm hearing the buzzing of chain saws in my front yard! Apparently mountain time is different from the rest of the world ... a new dimension! Halleluiah! There are 6 men outside cutting, chopping, loading a dump truck, etc., etc.! Welcome to the country ... Happy weekend all! Paul & Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment