Thursday, November 30, 2006

Elk River Falls!






FINALLY found someone who would go rock climbing and hiking with me and NOT get frustrated because I am too slow! He's a perfect hiking buddy, in my opinion! We stopped at the top of the water fall and threw in dozens of rocks ... all varying techniques. Some of the rocks sort of floated down the water fall, some of them were thrown farther than the eye could see, and some sort of just got lobbed over the edge. It was definitely one of the highlights of the last several days in one little boy's opinion! We've had a wonderfully beautiful bout of weather for Christian's visit, so it has given us the opportunity to do lots of outdoor playing. We have a great back yard for kicking a soccer ball and throwing baseballs and such. And there is always the great tickling matches that reduce Christian to the most glorious fits of laughter I've ever heard! When I asked him what his favorite part of school is, he told me it was going home! We're so enjoying his precious, innocent energy. Paul Paul and I have big giggles with the hide and seek games we play with him. He loves to announce where he's hiding when the counter person says "ready or not, here I come" ... I just want to say thank you to his parents for so unselfishly letting him be a part of our lives. He really is a joy! And it is so nice to have a hiking partner that doesn't fuss at me for having short legs! Until later ... Nana and Paul Paul!

1 comment:

  1. What fun! Wish I was there with my "yo, was up...let's hike some mountains attitude"...lol. Miss you....thank you for posting on your blog...I can keep up with all your adventures!!!

    xxxooo
    Dana

    ReplyDelete