Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Mid Week

We - Paul and I - have begun managing the cafe/bistro for Fabio. Little Italy is open from 3 - 9 pm Monday thru Saturday. We are trying to figure out what works best for our schedules and energy levels. It's a very interesting, entertaining and labor intensive undertaking! Visit the website if you "need to know" more about the business, the restaurants and etc., www.fabioandhis4kids.com.
Also, there is a food & wine pairing dinner this Sunday at 6:30 for 70 people. Whew!
This is the "bar" area, where you can belly right up and have a glass of wine!

The work station, where we spend most of our time

Penelope, the youngest of Fabio's beautiful 4 children.

Tiffany, who entertained the customers on Monday with her violin playing ... bravo!

left to right, Penelope, Fabio Jr, and Tiffany

And left to right, Fabio (owner/chef/friend) and his youngest, Penelope

Monday was Janine's birthday (left to right, Janine and Freddie, her sister). Freddie brought Janine in for a Flounder dinner for her birthday! Happy birthday, Janine! :-)
Charles came by yesterday with his Sabrina, and they finished the front "new" yard!!! There is now seed and straw on the dirt. Hopefully we will get a few rain drops from the hurricane that is expected to hit the coast and we'll get some grass growing! Thanks Charles and Sabrina!!!!
In other news, Paul had a bit of a pancreatitis attack last Wednesday. He's feeling all kinds of better now and we're very glad to have gotten to the bottom of the reason for the pain, and found some help for him! He's much happier now! ;-)
Periwinkle Pass Studio (www.periwinklepass.com) is moving to a much bigger space in downtown Elk Park and I will be trying to do all I can to help with that project. I hope to be running the shop one day per week and hanging my art there as our (Clayzaics) contract with BJ's expires next month and I will be putting my inventory in a new location. Fingers crossed! I have been selling some of my art- SO exciting!!!
I noticed this morning the leaves are beginning to change and fall a little bit. Boo! I'm going for denial that the weather is changing, but it's in the low 50's by sunrise and a bit chilly. I know winter will come, I'm just hoping it takes its sweet time. The cats and I are so enjoying the beautiful weather, opened windows, being without a sweater/jacket, and sunshine-y blue skies. Autumn skies are gorgeous, and every star in the solar system was shining last night. At one point Paul looked up, stopped in his tracks, and just said, "wow" ... it was brilliant with stars and you could see the entire milky way system as if it were in a book. I would be very happy if it just stayed like this!!!
The kids are all doing fine as far as I know, and Paul's parents are well and everyone is in their place and safe and sound ... therein lies all the blessings we could hope for!
Hope your world is safe and sound and you are smothered in blessings!
Happy Mid Week,
Paul & Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment