Tuesday, August 24, 2010

New Mosaic Work

This trinket box is spoken for. I loved making it. It has a heart inside as well. It's very girlee pink.
I'm only posting the mosaic work that is new. Shannon has created some FABULOUS new items and I'm waiting for the pictures on those. I also have some of those word things that I'm waiting on pictures of ... to be continued as far as that goes.
This is a set of 4 coasters ... the colors are not true in the pictures, unfortunately. They are very cool looking eggplant and pistachio green.

This piece was originally designed by my mentor (Chrissie Grace) and the pattern for her version was in her first book (Wild Tiles). About the only thing that resembles her pattern is that the body is a bee with wings. I took a lot of creative license and ran away with it. My first one of these was a gift for Paul's mum, but it was as well, different from this one. This one has lots of different media in it. The body and wings and part of the crown, along with the border are mosaic tile. The hair is made out of polymer clay, baked and glued on. The flowers are scrapbooking items. The letters, stems and face are painted (letters are stamped and outlined) and the crown is filled in with rhinestones. She was great fun to make and hopefully will bring great joy to the new owner!

This is a replica (ok, loose translation) of a cross I found on a pamphlet for a baptismal candle I had from my son's baptism 27 or so years ago! That one was blue and brown. I really like this one in green and green!

This just happened. Sometimes the tiles just go where they want!

This is porcelain and ceramic/china. Not my usual style but I was inspired to do it, and so here it is. It was a lovely piece to work on, and is sort of my pride and joy at this point. I'm donating half of the proceeds to Breast Cancer.

My second in the "Pink Porcelain" series as my daughter suggested I do an entire series. Well, so far there are 2 in the series! This one was great fun and was made mostly from a coffee cup that was so chipped I couldn't use it any more.

Obviously, this is a welcome sign. It was sold also. I loved this sign on the front of my house so much I guess I'll have to make another... luckily I know the formula by now. This was also inspired originally by Chrissie Grace, who is a genius in my opinion.
So, these are a few of the new items I had in the show. More to come, as the pictures are available, found or whatever. Also more booth pictures.
I hope to start an art blog this week, so this kind of stuff will be on it rather than on our personal blog, as we do enjoy keeping you up with our lives and the joys of mountain life. Stay tuned ...
Paul & Cheri

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:25 PM

    Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Cheri, keep it going. Hope your fingers are healing.

    ReplyDelete