Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Mid Week, I think

I am not at all certain if it's Wednesday, but I think it is. Einstein was a big supporter of the whole "why memorize something you can look up" and take up all those brain cells.  Save them for needed information! I guess at some point, I'll go to the calendar to figure out the day.  Einstein is one of my heros.  Tinkerbell is another.  Explains a few things, huh?
It's a rainy, grey day.  The kind that makes you want to stay in bed the whole day long!  But, we all know that doesn't happen around here.  I am waiting for my energy to build so I can prepare for our upcoming visit from Nina!  She arrives Friday evening.  And we are very looking forward to her visit.  Somehow, my energy hasn't heard about it yet.  And my old standby, french pressed coffee with honey and cream, didn't seem to work either. Hmmmm.  This ole' grey mare just ain't what she used to be. Dang!  Apparently, neither is the old stallion!  When, I often ponder, did all this change take place?  I certainly wasn't looking.   Geez!
Fall is absolutely upon us here.  Paul begins reffing soccer for the wee folks next week.  He'll do under 8's and under 10's - or something like that..  Monday and Tuesdays.  Soccer is always the marker for fall here for me.  As I am looking out the windows this morning I notice the leaves are beginning to change color ... seems like it's a bit early but that is in line with what the entire season as been like! Everything has been early, by about one month. The day lillies, the black-eyed susans, the veggies, the apples and the heat.  We were just very ahead of ourselves this year.  Extreme winter cold and snow, extreme summer heat.  Wonder what mother nature has in store for us this coming year!??!
* Our (Paul's sister's son) nephew Hayden had a birthday on the 3rd.  Happy Birthday, albeit a tad belated, to you Hayden! Hope it was absolutely fabulous! 
*My sister-in-law has a birthday on the 16th.  Happy Birthday Debbie!
*The cook, Angelia, at the restaurant was blessed with a new grandson yesterday afternoon! Congratulations to all of you!  And you can check out the restaurant website at http://www.fabioandhis4kids.com/ although there will not be pictures of the baby on there!
*The agricultural fair is in town this week and ... it is raining.  Boo! Hopefully it will clear up tomorrow!  At least we aren't going through what Texas is with Hermine.  Best of luck and good wishes to all of you Texans who are battling the storm!
*Shannon and I are looking for some fall art festivals and shows to participate in.... if you know of any, please let us know!  Minus the Wooly Worm Festival please!
*Our friend Mark got through his recent surgery and is mending with great strides and grace! YAY!
*If you would like to attend the next wine & food pairing dinner at Fabio's it will be Sept. 23rd.  Call the restaurant for reservations at 828-733-1314.
*Labor Day has come and gone so most of the visitors to our area are out of here until the leaves present their spectacular color changing show - and then snow comes and the skiers arrive in town.  Makes life a lot slower and calmer around here when the tourists take their break.  The tree farms will now pick up activity getting trees ready for the season. 
The following picture is our visiting kitty.  He (I think) is just a kitten, and has decided he prefers to hang out here instead of whereever it is he lives.  He loves our butterfly bush and I find desacrated butterflies every place.  He sleeps on the chairs that are pushed up under the table out front.  And he talks to my kitties on the other side of the front storm door for hours.  Spartacus will fall asleep inside the door and the visitor falls asleep outside the door ... but they are positioned looking at each other on their individual mats.  Animals are such a good example for every one getting along!  With all the world news so dreary, I'd much rather report on visiting cats, wouldn't you?

Hope your week (what's left of it) is fabulous and filled with joy and laughter.  Oh, and blessings! Lots of blessings!
Happy trails,
Paul & Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment