Monday, May 03, 2010

Trying to keep up with it all!

It's proving absolutely impossible to keep up with everything, but at least I'm trying!


Shannon and I installed our art "goods" at BJ's Mountain Specialties. Looks pretty good. Can't wait to get elbow deep in creating new stuff! After May 15th that will be my major concentration. Til then ... there's work to be done!

Paul & I went to the Newland Cruise-In Friday night and saw some really fun cars! Then we went to Fabio's for dinner (yummy, as always). My phone died and threw some horrible corrupt message. So really, it has fried itself! Terrific!

Saturday was teaching at Crossnore, and afternoon art. Paul reffed 3 tournament games in the sun (quite warm!). Saturday night was here, calm and relaxed. Still no phone.



Sunday morning I mowed the side yard with a BIG determination to mow the whole yard before the rain came in ... but on the second portion of the yard one of the back wheels bent and ended up at the most odd angle ... so I finally broke down and got a new mower. Whoo hoo! Ain't she a beaut!?! Can't wait to mow when the rain moves out! Paul did 2 more games Sunday, and is properly sun burned now! We went to Mark & Janine's to plan our crawfish boil and eat fabulous pizza a la Mark! Lovely!

Monday ... first thing: off to Verizon, 10 A.M. On the phone with the big wigs ... update software on my computer. 5 hour process - FAIL. Still won't fix the phone. At 7:00 pm Verizon is shipping me a replacement, Fed Ex for morning delivery. For your information, if you get a new phone, the warranty for a new phone is only good for 30 days. After that it's a refurbished one. I should receive one of those tomorrow. Awesome. Probably because of the rain/floods and things bigger than my problems, it'll be days from now. But, it's been nice and quiet, on the bright side! It's been frustrating, but reality is: my little telephone problem is ridiculous compared to the people who are being displaced from flooding, earth quakes, fires, or worse, killed. SO ... I'm trying to ignore this and put it in the proper perspective.


R.I.P. phone ...

Therefore, I would like to wish all those folks facing all that water really good luck and send lots of prayers. My sister is right outside of Nashville. She says they are stuck, bridges closed, water rising ... expecting cresting on Wednesday. Scary! Hang in there y'all. And keep your life vests on!


Still working on the back room ... about 70 trips up and down the stairs to disperse the boxes of stuff ... and by the end of this weekend we should have a proper room. Yes! Pictures to follow, of course!



Been planting the herbs we got from the nursery last weekend, and hoping we don't go back to frost temps. Got about half of them in containers today. Hope tomorrow wraps up mowing and planting. Then, on with the rest of the spring cleaning of the house ... those walls and windows are waiting for their spring bath!

Doesn't this all sound terribly interesting? HA! Life is good!

Happy Spring to all .... Safe journeys and happy trails!
Paul & Cheri
as a side note --- blogger is in a mood and won't let me post my pictures right side up! I've had to switch everything upside down to get them to post properly. SO, in case they turn back around by the time this posts, you'll know the background story! :-D

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:18 AM

    Hey Cheri! Did you get those pictures I sent you the other day?

    Also, I love the plant in the chair! Cool idea!

    ReplyDelete