Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Mid Week in the Mountains


April 28th, 1924 - Birthday

Edna Frances Johnson Taylor - my momma

First of all, it's April 28th, and that was the date of my mom's birthday. So, naturally I've thought about her sweet spirit all day long. Janine came by last night with the bouquet of lilacs from her mom's lilac bush because we had a hail/snow storm that mandated either protecting or harvesting the tender blooms on our greenery. One look and I knew the lilacs were in mom's honor. So, happy birthday, Mom ... I miss you greatly.
On another note, my sister and her husband broke ground on their new house on our dad's birthday, February 11th. Today, on our mom's birthday, they are moving in. She predicted it! Seems very sweet to me. Happy new home Paul & Cyndie. Many blessings.


A weekend shopping trip to Johnson City's Evergreen Nursery and I scored TONS of great herbs. I also managed to grab a few veggie plants - beans, peas, tomato, eggplant, and peppers. We can't put anything in the ground yet, so the veggies that I got will go into containers. That'll be fun in itself. It's so nice to have a little time to play in the dirt. I am so lucky!


The tall things here are garlic! I can't WAIT to get it in the ground. As most of you know, I have a BIG passion for garlic. Whoo hoo! Last night I made some killer bruchetta, but poor Paul kept say he was smelling garlic. I got up every couple of hours to brush my teeth because the after taste was so strong! Either the garlic, or the Chianti ... something was the culprit!!! I haven't had any garlic today. I think I'm safe. ha ha!


Ok --- the sleeping porch ---

BEFORE photo shot

Wall #1 (the interior wall without any windows)


AFTER photo shot

Interior Wall #1

Nice, huh? And SO exciting! We found a treasure trove of books!

Now. The other 3 walls! Yikes!


Exciting news (well, at least I think so!)

Shannon and I rented a space today at a venue in Newland for our mixed media art!! We are going to set up tomorrow as it's a new place that is going to open on Friday since the car show is in town. The Newland Cruise-in! Can you imagine? We are "setting up shop" at BJ's Mountain Specialties (next door to Mountain Jewelers, for you locals). BJ is setting up an eclectic beer and wine shop with cheese from Ashe County (yummy) and some candy. She wants to have vendors who represent the mountain area and wants to open as soon as possible (Friday) ... but I think the grand opening will be later. Shannon and I are excited and looking forward to getting our business (CLAYZAICS) off the ground. FINALLY. YAY!!! We are also planning on participating in the Riverwalk Festival in August. So, in addition to the house projects, there are pieces of art that need to be created. At least the "busy" I've become is the "busy" I love. Makes for a lovely and wonderful life!


Paul is off to West Caldwell to ref a soccer game. He's the center ref for a varsity game today. Too bad he has to drive to Timbuktu, but he's really loving the whole reffing thing. I love his stories when he gets home. His eyes shine, his dimples ... well, dimple ... and he's a full fledged babbling man for about thirty minutes. So fun ... and adorable really. My sweet husband has the most enthusiastic lust for life of any person I've ever met. It is the most refreshing, admirable quality in a human being. (He's a pretty good guy). Anyone who can do what Paul does all day long, come home elbow deep in grease and oil, smile and be happy with life is a Prince in my book. Even if his uniforms say he is a Sir. ;-)

Happy mid week to all!

Paul & Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment