Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Spring Fever/Spring Cleaning

I know it's impossible to tell what this is without some identification! Paul & Joseph went fishing Saturday at the falls and (Paul) caught this trout! It was 18 or so inches long after it was cleaned and beheaded and was plenty of fish to cook for dinner Saturday night! There is parsley all over the fish, sorry ... but it surely made it taste good! So fun! As they were leaving for their adventure Paul & I decided he would be responsible for dinner. I never dreamed he would catch dinner! (I don't think he did either!) It was a very pleasant surprise for everyone! And I'm quite sure it was the first time Joseph had caught and cooked his dinner!

This picture was taken last Friday (I think). It was such a fabulous day that I stayed outside and worked the entire day. The cherry trees are in full bloom ... so gorgeous! Today was rainy and the wind blew though and I saw a lot of blossoms flying around ... so the blooms won't last much longer.

Taxes are done! What a task every year! I decided to do the laborious task in the dining room this year so I could see better as the light is great in there ... and with all the plants and windows open with warm breezes flowing through, it was a lovely time, actually. Except for that check I had to write when I was finally finished. Oh well, happens every year. Don't know why I always hope for a different outcome! Ugh! Isn't that the definition of insanity ... doing the same thing and hoping for a different outcome? Well, 'nuff said I guess!

This pile of stuff was accumulated from the harsh winter knocking branches down, our clean up of the yard (both front and back). It was quite impressive! Not to mention, the yard looks immensely better.

So Fireman Paul helped me burn it down to nothing. As a side note, I've built the pile back up again! Something about having that burn pile full and ready to burn that just keeps us feeling like we're really working! ;-)


Sunday afternoon post gardening sit down! It was a hard working afternoon!

We got these two rows of taters planted (and two others that are not shown)

And this is the strawberry patch! I spent the entire Monday afternoon making the borders and pulling grass out of the plants. We still have to weed out grass from the far portion of the bed, but at least we have a plan! It doesn't look like it, but it is really hard work to put in the borders. Our backs are not young any more, it seems. Turns out all that abuse our bodies were given in our youths is affecting our old age! Dang it!

We had an entire side yard filled with these lovelies, thanks to the neighbors who must've planted them years ago. They were beautiful when they all bloomed out!

Remember the wood pile? This is what it looked like about 2 weeks ago ...

And this is what it looked like by the end of Friday afternoon! We still have a ton of it to cut and split ... but I stacked and stacked and stacked! Thankfully I had lots of water, sweet tea, and the baby goats to amuse me! HARD work! Sore hips! But by golly there will be wood for next year!

I finally got up enough nerve and energy to tackle this room. My friend and hair dresser, Beckye and I spent 2 days in this room. We removed as much as you see here, (and then some) to get it down to this level. This room is a wonderful sleeping porch. We (me, myself and I ... and sometimes Paul) are trying to get it in shape with beds and etc. in it in time for hiking season so we can have hikers rest and etc. First ... what to do with all this? And this is only one wall of stuff. What you see here are clothes, camping gear, hiking gear, swimming gear, snorkeling gear, financial records, power saws, household equipment, rugs, tin, drywall board, plywood, christmas bows, and etc.

As you walk into the room, this is the wall you see straight ahead of you ... there are windows on all three exterior walls, which I think I've mentioned before, but here is a visual. These boxes have Easter baskets, pumpkins for Halloween, blankets, juicers, mosaic tiles, wrapping paper and some of my parents keep sakes. What are you supposed to do with those things? I can't throw it away ... it's filled with someone's life memories ... Lordy! Oh yeah, and there's a ladder or two too.

This is the interior wall ... the one with no windows. ALL the boxes you see here are STUFFED full of books and pictures of our children from birth through last year. Also a box of space heaters, fans and air purifiers. Oh yeah, and one HUGE box of tools and extension cords and wall paper supplies...... So, Paul & I made a trip to Wally World and picked up some book shelves. I'm hoping to get the walls turned white, the floor covered with something (Paul says we have enough wood, but what he doesn't realize is that he doesn't have the time to install it right now) and the beds set up without all this junk. There will be shelves of books and games and lots of open space. I hope ... that's my vision (and I'm planning to stick to it!)

The far wall ... and more junk. But it is apparently junk we cannot live without, like the "Flakes Welcome" sign. Anyone need a non working halogen light? Or chairs that have no seats and/or need a major reupholstering? Of course, there are two closets filled with clothes, coats, golf clubs, suit cases and collectable cars. I'm hoping my magic wand works well! Next time you see this, I'm hoping it'll be totally different! Please keep those good thoughts with me! Gotta wait for the temperature to get warm enough to paint. Come on sun!!!!! Today is misty and cold. Nice napping day, actually. ;-) Can't do that at work - so nice to have a break.
Jenn leaves for Japan tomorrow ... safe trip honey!
Prayers to you, Janine, and friends and family as you all try to heal from losing your Frank, Blessings.
Good luck to Hollie (my niece) as you conquer Los Angeles and the model world. Stay strong, don't give up, and knock em dead! Sure hope your audition went perfectly!
Happy 1st Anniversary to Jon and Melissa! First anniversary on Saturday, the 24th. Hope it's a lovely celebration!
Rick, thinking about you as you embark on getting your new hip! Keep us posted on the progress! Swift healing.
Happy trails to all,
Paul & Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment