Sunday, January 24, 2010

Still here ...

This picture has absolutely NOTHING to do with this post. I just love it. Bubbles!!!

Was so hoping we were going to have a warm up ... but snow heads back our way tomorrow. I know it's great for the slopes, and they've had a jolly good season this year that we're very grateful for, but goodness knows I've had enough cold to last a long time. And it usually snows here up until April-ish ... I hope I can last! We've about earned our "mountain people" patch, I'm sure! And we are weary to prove it! YEE GADS. I'll let you know when we find out the details about the presentation ceremony. ;-)
We have moved (physically did the move ourselves) the office where I work from the Country Club to The Sterling Company Real Estate and are merging with that company now. My boss, Hugh is going through some yucky treatments and needs the back up of the other agents for business. As you know, the economy is not on our side being in real estate. And being in the 2nd home market, it's a little bigger battle. So, work wise, my world has changed 180 degrees in one week. With the merge came some layoffs, and it's all getting sorted out. We shall see what comes my way. He's moved, he's settled, he's comfortable and he's supported. Amen. I'm tired, stressed, anxious and curious. Ummmmm ... the adventure continues.
On another note, Paul's new job is going great! He comes home every evening dipped in oil products and smelling of motor oil. It's a HUGE change from smelling of metal and burned flesh. All in a day's work! He's learning a lot of new things about servicing 18 wheelers and their trailers. I'm learning how to wash oily clothes! I love seeing his dimples shine when he tells me things about his day in the garage. We both call it the workshop, guess old habits die hard.
It's been an entire week since I've posted and I can't imagine when the time has gone ... we've just been flying through life up here trying to survive! Now I REALLY know why I absolutely LOVE and ADORE the summer here. The glorious lazy days of summer. Well, there aren't really any lazy days around here .... but at least Paul doesn't have to chop and haul wood in the summer for survival! (just for stock piling) And I don't spend near as many hours shivering! Will keep you posted on the happenings of the upcoming week. Maybe we'll have some news that is actually newsworthy.
Please keep the people in Haiti in your prayers and donate if you can. Can you honestly imagine the horror these folks are living through? I lived in Los Angeles, I've been in earthquakes. They are scary enough when they're under 5 ... there was an earthquake while I was delivering Jennifer!!! But I CANNOT even imagine the level of fear these precious people are being forced to live with. Please, please, please if you can't monetarily help out, send them blessings!
Our best to all,
Paul & Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment