Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mid week thaw out --- sort of

Elk Knob, January 9, 2010 compliments of Ray's Weather site

Good grief! Things are a bit frantic, so mid week is a bit behind. oh well ...

We are thawing out! Got all the way up in the 50's today ... a real HEAT WAVE! Thanks to the sun! The snow is slowly departing. The water lines are slowly thawing and the drains for the washing machines are unplugging their ice blobs so we can all function as we are used to once again. Hallelujah!!!!!

Paul is working HARD at his new job. He's enjoying learning new things. He comes home filled with motor oil and all kinds of other things I do not know how to identify. He's just really dirty when he gets home, and he's as cute as can be. He always has oil smudges on his face and/or head, sometimes some real goose eggs popping up from banging his head underneath a "rig". It's a new world for him .... and for me. We are extremely grateful for the job! We are trying to adjust to all the new stuff!

We had another frozen water experience .... water meter valve froze up at the street ... some other valve below that ... and some brass spring in the pressure flow valve that Paul thawed out and magically got to work. After 3 days, we had water again and life is so very glorious! We are so blessed .... we've passed a lot of mother nature's tests. Hoping we will earn that"mountain people" patch sooner than later! I'd HATE for us to be banned from the mountain because we can't "HANG" with this weather thing. ;-)

I personally am going through some very heavy heart moments and it's been pretty intense. There are a lot of factors. They are all fighting for first place. Any good thoughts you can send this way will be absolutely appreciated ... I'd love to feel ALL GOOD again. And I will. :-)

The earthquake in Haiti is a very devastating thing that never seems to really leave my thoughts. When I was in the delivery room having Jennifer in Los Angeles, there was an earth quake. April 8, 1974. I remember thinking, "I'm having this baby right now ... I will not be under this hospital trying to deliver" as my bed went from one side of the hospital room to the other dragging doctor and nurses along ... and that is pretty much what happened. I cannot even imagine what all those people in Haiti are going through, but I sure do send my deepest sympathy and my most prominent prayers. I will NEVER forget how helpless the feeling was to have the earth heaving beneath my body and not being able to control any little thing. Have mercy! God bless them all.

The holidays are history, but due to 'out of propane' (no heat) and 'out of water', we're a bit behind putting all things Christmas back in the attic and etc. I hope to accomplish all that putting away this weekend so I can begin art projects. Stay tuned ... hopefully there will be BIG things to come ... I'm looking so forward to it.

* Paul's BFF, Charles, will be celebrating his birthday this Sunday ... SO, Happy Birthday, Charles!

* My son, Jon, will be celebrating his birthday on Tuesday the 19th. Happy Birthday my sweet son. :-*

* Paul's brother, Chris and my niece Hollie both celebrate their birthdays tomorrow,the 15th. Happy birthday, Chris and Hollie! Hope the birthday fairies are good to you both !!!!!!

Thanks for coming out, Father Sun! The warmth is delirious!

All the Best to All,

Cheers!

Paul & Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment