Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Jonathan Michael Adams (aka Jon)

My sweet little boy

can always make me laugh

Jon and his sweet wife, Melissa
Here, in all his glory, is my sweet son and second born child, Jon!

Jon just celebrated his birthday on January 19th.

HAPPY 28th BIRTHDAY JON!

There is a sweet bond that happens between a mom and a son. It isn't any more special than the bond between a daughter and her mom, but it certainly is different somehow. I've never been able to put it into words. Maybe it's because little boy sons turn into men sons and go about their lives without needing their moms so much? Daughter's tend to need family history and recipes. My son is a chef. 'Tis I who call him for recipes! Nice twist, huh?

This little fella took a great deal of pride and delight in twisting me around his little pinkie. He was the most adventurous little boy ever, with stitches galore and broken bones and things to prove it. He has always had the twinkle in his eye and the grin on his face that let you know right away he was going for the mischief, no matter to what depth he had to reach to find it! (When he was in first grade he took my diamond earrings to school to give to his girl friend, but before Valentine's Day came he got mad at her and put them in his desk instead of returning them to my jewelry box. When I discovered them missing his teacher helped me retrieve them). He could always smile his way out of trouble (and make me laugh about it). MISCHIEVOUS and sweet hearted ~ what a combination! He can still melt my heart with his smile. He has his own meltable heart now as he looks at his own two sons with his sweet gorgeous brown eyes. He's been wrapped around a couple of pinkies himself now too! He's a wonderful son (when he remembers to call ;-)) and I am so very grateful for having him in my life. He's an accomplished chef, a true artist through and through, a loving husband, a wonderful daddy and a very loving son. A unique and wonderful man. I could not be more proud.
I love you, Jon.
Happy Birthday.
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment