Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Autumn











Can you believe these colors? They are so intense and gorgeous. Things are absolutely popping up here. It is absolutely fall ... the most incredibly gorgeous time of the year. The one and only drawback to it is knowing it is only going to get colder. Dang!!!
How do you like this little guy in the top of the apple tree? Paul picked apples and pears all day on Sunday ... he didn't have this guy to help him though. I'm glad about that ... click right on the picture and you can see the size of him. He's HUGE!
There is so much going on here, I just think I'll hit the highlights to save sanity.
Paul's brother, Craig and his sister, Janet will be celebrating their birthdays on Friday, Oct. 10th. Yep, same day --- they're twins! Happy birthday you two! Hope the birthday fairy treats you both just right!!!
Today is Dana Michael's birthday! Happy Birthday Dana! Dana is my tap teacher and good friend in Orlando. The wife of Dan ... the sister and biz manager to Mia. The best percussionist ever! Hope all those wishes come true!
Elise was laid to rest one week ago today. It is amazing how fast and slow time can pass all at the same time. Proof positive there is more than just one dimension. Please continue to send love and blessings to Shay and her two children, Molly and Beattie. So much uncertainty at times like this.
There were 15 people who received lay-offs from the company Paul works for last Friday. Paul, thank goodness, was not on the list. Please keep your fingers crossed that he doesn't become a victim of this unsteady time! Garden or not, we need to have jobs!
Our friend Charles is getting married this Saturday at 2pm. Paul is going to be Charles' best man. He is marrying his long time sweetheart, Sabrina. Good luck to you two. We wish you all the best!!
We have been consistently teaching at the Crossnore School. It is turning out to be a saving grace for my heart. Amongst so much sadness, fear, disappointment, and all that life type stuff, being able to give fun times and love to these children has been the greatest blessing of all for me. I'm sure Paul is loving it as well. He's had some real laughs already. There is one teen that is a dancer. She and I work extra throughout the week. Ballet barre tonight! It's heaven!
The real estate biz is very quiet, as I'm sure you can imagine. Wish I could say I was filling my time with mosaic work, but I am not ..... yet. Perhaps when I get over the anxiety from our most recent loss I will be able to sit still and do something constructive. For now, I'm rearranging furniture and things. Poor Paul!
Paul has taken his hard apple cider to the "expert" down in Tennessee to get his opinion on it. Apparently Paul did a good job, the guy was very impressed. I know there are details ... yeast flavors, alcohol content, etc., etc., but I guess Paul has worked all that out. Or it's beginners luck. Whatever the case, he's doing good! And his grin is precious. He got the apple press back from Charles on Sunday, so I suspect there will be more cider "brewing" shortly!
The kids and cats all seem to be doing well. We try to keep up with all who have blogs and websites. Chrissie sent me her latest book. It's fabulous!! Will give you incentive to play in mosaic work if you're even remotely interested. The fall festivals are up and running full swing. The morning temperatures are between 30 and 40 degrees now. Makes for a chilly day at the festival sometimes, but it's still nice to get outside and see people's talents. I hope we get to visit at least one before the season is over. The rain is suppose to start up tomorrow for a few days. I'm sure we need it, but I'd rather it hold off for another week while the leaves continue their color show. Oh well .... we'll take what we get (and like it, as my dad used to say). So for now,
Cheers to all,
Paul & Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment