Monday, October 13, 2008

Miraculous, Marvelous, Amazing





































FALL at our house means ... color! There is the most incredible display of colors this year I have EVER seen. I guess the huge amount of rain the recent hurricanes dumped up here really helped make everything deep and rich. And the brilliant "Carolina Blue" sky just makes everything pop all the more. It is truly gorgeous! I think this past weekend was probably our peak ... which is a huge contrast with, say, my sister who told me this morning they hadn't even started to change yet. ( she's in Tennessee, by Nashville ... not really at sea level or anything ... I was surprised) But it isn't any different from the contrast of the Coyote keeper who says it is now snowing in Wyoming! Oh boy!! (The daily coyote.net - Shreve Stockton)
Anyway, as you can see, some of the other words around here are ....
Apple Cider, Apple Butter, Red Apples, Green Apples, Mixed Apples, Apple Juice, just to name a few! Paul has taken a real "shine" to apples. I'm sure the obsession will switch to another subject as it always does. It's waiting it out that is a bit challenging sometimes! After we pressed the apples yesterday we had a delicious cup of warm cider. It hits the spot! There are empty bottles waiting to be filled "someday" EVERY PLACE. Its a bit claustrophobic . Just me and Paul and 5,000 empty bottles .............. and the cats. :-) Right now there is a batch of apple butter in the crock pot ... and it smells delicious. YUM! Another memory of fall in the mountains. All of the natives are beginning to get ready for the upcoming weekend when they make their apple butter in a huge cauldron ... we are going to help Charles's Nana. Last year we were frantically preparing for the wooly worm festival ... this year we're hanging out and waiting for apple butter making day ............ time changes all things, eh?
Charles and Sabrina got married in a perfect ceremony on Saturday. It was a beautiful and aprecious time for them and we all sent them on their way with good wishes and happy thoughts. I'll post pictures as soon as we get them ... the photo princess here FORGOT the camera (yeah, me, the genius!) I'm determined it was because I had to teach first and there were just too many preparations to take care of for Paul & I both. That's my story and of course, I'm sticking to that!
I took the day off of work today so I could just take a moment to CHILL OUT! Seems like there has been something happening every minute of every day since May. I just realized I am very tired and needed a "Cheri day". Must admit, it's been delightful. Went out to the garden a little while ago and picked a mess of beans, a bunch of tomatoes and cut a serving or two of broccoli.
Also found a treasure of broccoli that is coming in that I didn't even know was there! Whoo hoo! It'll have to hurry as the temp is supposed to really drop the end of the week.
Please send good thoughts to my very sweet and dear friend, Sabrina (not the same one who just got married - this is my friend from Atlanta who I've known for yonks), who is going to have a medical procedure tomorrow that is very intense. I know she will appreciate any good and kind thoughts you can spare! (And prayers are welcome.)
There were "newsworthy" items I wanted to share, but I've lost my train of thought for now.... must have something to do with the mesmerizing smell of apples and the day of rest!
Blessings to all,
Paul & Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment