Sunday, September 28, 2008

Elise

Elise Crane Cahaly
1937 - 2008

Elise passed quietly on to a peaceful eternal sleep this morning at 4:30 am. It has taken me all day to be able to put this in writing. She leaves behind several broken hearts. Elise was a powerful, vivacious woman who many will greatly miss!
Elise has one daughter, Shay who is bravely fighting lupus. Shay has two children, Molly, who will be 19 very soon, and Beattie who is 17, I think. They could certainly use your prayers and good thoughts as they embark upon a journey very different from anything they've ever known.
Elise succumbed to lung cancer, the ugliest of all cancers in my opinion. Ironically, it is the same thing that took my dad. I did get to see Elise last Tuesday to say goodbye. She was recently loved and cared for at the Hospice House of the Upstate, as well as by Shay and the children, of course.
We are grateful she passed peacefully. I personally am very sad and feel very lonesome, as she had definitely been my mentor and friend since my dad passed. Not having my biological parents left, Elise gave me a great deal of comfort and strength. I am very grateful to her for all of her love and support. I will miss her greatly.
Rest in peace, Elise. We will all miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment