Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Apples to Apples and all things in between!


























































































































We have obviously been quite busy ... yet strangely preoccupied with apples. Paul is even making apple heads now out of tiny apples with slightly irregular shapes. This week he has hardened the apple cider. The yeast is now fermenting the juice, most of which is located in Paul's closet in gallon containers with bubble indicators on the top. I say a daily prayer that it doesn't explode all over the place ... and blow the roof off of the house as well as other possibilities!! He is having such fun, I just keep my fingers crossed and smile. Time will tell if he's a successful hard cider man and believe me I'll let you know!

Then we have the garden, which is gratefully still supplying us with scrumptious organic fresh veggies, and wonderfully peaceful time spent outdoors. The Adams' boys planted their garden squares in July, so their stuff if just beginning to bear fruit. We have more squash, pumpkins, lettuce, beans, watermelon and it is just glorious for us! The broccoli has finally begun to flower, over which I have done a celebration dance! We have plenty of lettuce and tomatoes. And gobs of fresh basil. I made bruchetta for us last weekend, which you can see the topping for, out of fresh toms and basil, garlic and I had some feta cheese on mine. I'm telling you, there is NOTHING like fresh food out of the garden food. Paul has developed quite a taste for fresh veggies, and that is a minor miracle in itself. We had tons of corn that he froze this week ... another miracle. Needless to say, we're occupied and having a great time.

We began outdoor decorating for fall last weekend. I'll try to post some pics in the next day or two. Fall is definitely upon us, as it was 48 degrees when I got up this morning. I am telling you, it puts a spring in your step! I'm sure the cats thought I was nuts plugging in a heater, but it was down right chilly in our bathroom this morning! Spartacus ended up lying in front of the heater and not moving. Now comes the chore of figuring out the wardrobe for freezing mornings and evenings, and 75 degrees mid days. Always a puzzle! Anyway, I hope to get some pumpkins out on the porch with their faces painted on in the next couple of days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the ups and downs:
* We start our dance classes at Crossnore School at 11AM on Saturday! I am so excited I can barely contain myself! I am in high hopes that along with making our hearts happy, it will trim up my waist line! Fat and happy now has a new meaning for me! :-)

* Paul's sister Janet started a new job at the Citadel, and we just want to say GOOD LUCK JANET!!!!

* My sister-in-law Debbie had a birthday on Tuesday! Debbie, please forgive me for being late in posting this but we all wish you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! With what you've been through this past year, we KNOW the birthday fairy will bestow a completely happy, healthy, and GLORIOUS year upon you this year and from here on out! We love you honey.

* Elise is still in poor health and Shay (her daughter) is not far behind her. PLEASE join us in sending them plenty of good thoughts, loads of prayers and gobs of healthy energy as they both fight a hell of a battle. The situation is heart wrenching so any positive thinking would be greatly appreciated.

* Chrissie Grace, my mosaic and mixed media mentor, has received her 2nd book from her publisher! It's going to be a fantastic edition to the world of mixed media art. Congratulations Chrissie! Please check it out! http://www.chrissiegrace.typepad.com/ Her book link is on the right hand side. But her site is worth taking a look see. Her 8 week old son is so cute!
* My friend Beth is still in MA with her mom and dad nursing her mom. Mary, her mom, just celebrated her 77th birthday. That is the biggest miracle we've witnessed in a while. Beth, we miss you and know you will be home when the time comes. Stay strong and know we love you.
* We are not even able to imagine the pain, grief and suffering the people of Galveston, Houston, the Texas coastline and on up through the Ohio Valley are going through. We just ask they all find peace in their hearts and help for their needs. I have read stories where people don't know where their family members are - including whether or not they've washed out to sea. Our prayers certainly extend to all involved. God Bless.

* Paul & I are still happily married. We still have exquisite health. We are still employed and can pay our bills (barely, but still ...) . We still have mutual funds (very few - but the experiment is working)! We have healthy, happy and marvelous children and their spouses, and grandchildren who are the greatest indescribable joy. Paul's parents are reasonably healthy and are independent and happy. Our siblings and their families are all exceptionally well and happy. We have wonderful friends who we keep in our hearts, even though some of us are miles apart, and who keep us nurtured and entertained. We have two precious cats to keep our heart rates where they should be. We are basking in glorious healthy sunshine, clean air, and have every basic necessity in life we could possibly need. We also have dreams and visions for the future and have hopes to realize them all. It is amazing to me that we have SOOOOO much to say grace over!! And grateful we are!

"That's all I've got to say about that."
The First Day of Autumn is upon us (on Monday) and Mercury goes retrograde the 24th
Happy Autumn,

Paul & Cheri










































No comments:

Post a Comment