Thursday, January 24, 2008

Can you stay warm???






I am particularly intrigued with the cats and their ability to find the absolute warmest spot in the house. It's lovely for me, as I just follow their lead. But as you can see - it's not always easy to fit into the places where the cats pick out for warmth! The thermostat on the bank "in town" read 3 degrees on Monday morning. By Friday morning it read 2 degrees, however we were -2 at the house. That was not a wind chill factor - that was an actual reading, which was enough to give my car a reason to decide it would just wait a little while to start! I honestly don't blame it!!! When I got hom from work yesterday, Paul had a lovely warm fire in the stove and the thermostat in our kitchen was registering 81 degrees! OH... Heaven on earth!
We are out and about today looking for steel toed boots for Paul's job this coming week! I know he's ready to get back to work ... I think he might be tired of the "honey do" lists that he finds on a daily basis! But I have to say, he's sure gotten a lot accomplished and he's been a very good sport about it all! :-) He and Charles cleaned out a "vacated" house last week for a side job. It provided a lot of boxes full of items for the local thrift store and was an interesting view of someone's life that had absolutely spiraled in a direction they had certainly not set out to go. I think overall, it made those of us involved count our blessings and reminded us of how fragile life can be, and how much control we really do not have over it sometimes. The other thing this project provided was more evidence of that mama bear that is hanging out on the club property! Paul said when he went in to the house, there were no tracks. However, when he came out .... there they were! Prints only, thank goodness! I'm sure we'll be seeing her before the winter goes ... I just hope it's a friendly encounter!!!!! Yikes!
Well, as you can tell there isn't much to report. I'll be in "Notary Public" school next week after work on Monday and Tuesday. Paul begins his gig on Wednesday. I'll make up my dance classes on Thursday evening, and by Friday, we'll all be ready for a restful weekend! Seems like a quick week at a glance.
There are a few birthdays coming up, including my cousin in Brooklyn - Georga - Happy Birthday!! Paul's grandma is moving from the hospital to a 24 hour care situation. As we know it now, she's holding her own - but not going back to her home of the past many years. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Gran ... as well as with your loved ones. Ms. Patti - who was our tap teacher in Orlando (and an original June Taylor dancer with the Jackie Gleason show!) lost her mom this past week. We send heartfelt sympathy to you, Ms. Patti, as well as to Donna and Phyllis. You are in our hearts.
And now that it's past noon and we've finally had our breakfast, we're off to conquer the Northwest corner of NC!! Happy Trails to all! Paul & Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment