Thursday, September 21, 2006

Gypsy




My friend and artist (mosaic) mentor, Chrissie Grace made us a gypsy to go along with our new adventure. Gypsy is beatufiully created and perfectly matched to what our new adventure is! The quote in her middle is so perfect ... we should consider everyday lost in which we do not dance at least once. Chrissie is a genuis multi media artist and if you have not seen her work, it's a MUST! http://www.wildtilesmosaics.net/and http://www.chrissiegracespace.blogspot.com/. She has some incredible works on both sites ... and her book is being released in the next couple of weeks ... so you too can learn how to be a mosaic artist!! (I got a chance to peak at it yesterday --- SO great!) Also, there is a group of artists who make these little books called chunky books. The idea is that about 20 artists each make one page to go in the book, the hostess assembles them, and everyone has a very special creative collaborative unique book! Well, I have a GREAT little chunky book that is LaBoheme Live A Colorful Life - that goes right along with the perfect mosaic. Thank you Chrissie!!!!
As each day is passing I am becoming more and more aware of how close our moving date is! Paul leaves in less than 2 weeks and I know he's thinking about it too. Parting is sweet sorrow, we have a lot of friends we will surely miss. We are busy trying to make sure we get to visit with everyone before we depart, which is making our calendar a bit different from the norm! Additionally, I am so enjoying teaching again. Looks like I've missed it after all! Guess I'll have to find a dance related job, or (gasp) open my own studio next season. Paul assisted me with a class on Monday, and it felt like "old times" and very comfortable! We both came home much less intense and a lot more at ease. There are adventures in store ... I can feel them in the depths of my soul. However, we are greatly going to miss our Orlando based friends. Bitter and sweet ... all those cliches seem to be true! Well, off to tap class and beyond! Happy Thursdays to everyone. Just us gypsies, Paul & Cheri

1 comment:

  1. Hey.. Just so you remember you said thank you!! Be good...

    ReplyDelete