Monday, November 08, 2010

Trees and Trip


Isn't this little guy the CUTEST Dracula you've EVER seen?  And the one with the least amount of teeth!

 So, Paul has been tractoring and harvesting trees since last Sunday (week ago yesterday) and has worked everyday since the start of the season! He's a TIRED and hurting unit when he gets home, but he enjoys doing it.  What could be better than enjoying your day at work?  Especially if you're going to work 7 day weeks!  He will have close to 70 hours for this week.  Wow!

 He drives one of these, cab free most days because he enjoys the open air.  But since it snowed last week, he may have been in a cab ... if he had any sense at all!!!  ;-)

They are putting all the trees on pallets now ... and I presume this big red machine has something to do with that.  Not too sure how it all works, but it's voluminous ... lots and lots of trees stacked up!

I took a Ninja trip to Atlanta --- in and out quietly and quickly.  Had enough time to visit with this little guy.  He came to the room and watched a movie and some cartoons.  Guess that really wasn't visiting, but we were together!  He was quite consumed with the movie.  Can you tell?

From a different perspective.  We were watching a Wizard of Waverly movie.  He got pretty nervous at one point and got all the way off the bed and right under that tv.  This is after I made him back up!  So funny!

 Here is Jane.  Jane is my son's (Jon's) wife, Melissa's mom.  (guess it would've been easier to just say daughter-in-law, eh?  The kids threw her one heck of a surprise bash for her birthday!  So very sweet.  And Jane is one awesome woman, so it was WELL deserved!  This is the true reason I was in Atlanta!  Happy Birthday, Jane!

A momma and her son.  So good to spend some time together.  This is my son, Jon.  He doesn't make it in to a lot of blog pics because he is ALWAYS working.  Restaurant biz.  Need I say more?


Jane and her fabulous kids (l to r) Johnny, Jane, Melissa and Michael.  Johnny and Melissa are local Atlanta residents, however, Michael is a Jacksonville resident.  There was a lot of traveling last weekend!

And this is the departure ... a VERY full car and some very precious cargo (the people). 
Not pictured today are my daughter, Jennifer, who I was lucky enough to have an entire afternoon with on Saturday and dinner and a bit with on Friday night.  She is doing GREAT, looks beautiful and is an astounding woman.  SUCH a blessing to have her in such wonderful health. 
I also got to have an appointment with Dr. Gunter and get an adjustment (very overdue).  Boy, do I ever feel BETTER!  Thanks, Dr. G!
I got to swing by and visit with my sister-in-law Debbie.  She also seems great, happy and busy.  The house is under some major rehaul and redecorating.  It is looking fantastic.  Such a wonderful transformation every time I drop in.  I know it makes Debbie feel better to get it all "under control" once again. 
I pulled into the driveway about 5pm yesterday and am ready for another week!  It's getting on to "choose and cut" season, so we will be busy doing all that in another week or so.  This will be my week to get myself organized and situated for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.  Lots to do in a small window of time.  So ... I'm outta here.
Happy Trails to all,
Paul & Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment