Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday again ...

Christian, the sunflower gardner!

out with the begonias ... in with the mums!

Our dahlias are still magnificent! We've had a great flower year!

Avant Garden season 2009 ... so colorful this year!

Grandsons did a FABULOUS job with the green bean planting this year. They are coming in by the bushels (or so it seems) ... and they are VERY good!

Treasure hunting!

Beans a plenty! Thanks boys! Austin, Cade and Christian!

Christian's sunflower garden, he's definitely got a green thumb (like his dad)

Strawberries are even coming in and they are S W E E T !!!!!

More gorgeous sunflowers by Christian


I am always amazed when "it's already Friday" each week. I don't even think I had the opportunity to do a mid week post yet. Goodness ... I can't really say there has been that much happening either. It just seems that by the time I get up, get ready, get through the work day, get to the grocery store or soccer game to watch Paul, or walk with my friends for exercise and entertainment, or make phone calls and pay bills, it's time to go to bed already and the day has passed and I'm not quite finished with my list --- yet --- ever!
Yesterday Paul was supposed to referee a middle school game and I went on home to make home made chicken stoup (stew/soup). But his game was cancelled (due to rain that wasn't falling) and he came home so we just made the soup together. It was so nice to actually have time to talk and hang out together. Of course, that's my side of the story. He's probably still thinking to himself "did I really just help make soup ... why? I could've been playing x-box or doing computer research or ANYTHING but kitchen work" ... but it thrilled me. So, if he was thinking that ... I don't want to know about it! HA! He's GREAT at pulling chicken off of the bones! It's a good thing, it sort of makes me gag ... yuk! But we had veggies from the garden in there ... yum!
We begin teaching at Crossnore again this Saturday ... finally! I have missed it A LOT! I'm hoping the kids are looking as forward to it as I am! I'm pretty fat and happy from sitting around at work and sitting around at home. Hopefully this will catapult me into the need for movement again in my life. I'm not happy with lazy ... AT ALL. So, I'm finally going to get the opportunity to move in a dance class again. Whoo hoo!
I've been working on the inventory for the Octoberfest art festival. I hope it actually builds up before the day - yikes! I just don't seem to have the forward momentum I need. Am going to have to just keep taking those B-12 injections, I guess. :-)
We would just like to offer our love, hugs and prayers to those of you who are finding yourself in a difficult situation, and know that there will come blessings to count, in time. To our friends who are going through some grief and loss, we just want to make sure you all know we care and are sending special thoughts your way.
And from my horoscope today:
Don't try too hard to control your world today. Just be glad for all within it that's good.
I think I'll go with that until September ends!
Blessings to all,
Paul & Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment