Thursday, September 10, 2009

Beth's Beauties ...

Beth's house is FILLED with kitties! There are 4 babies and a very young mom. When they're all sleeping like this, they looks like a big puddle of kitties. They are SO sweet. Lots of purr and fur in this kitty circle ...

If you sit in Beth's living room at dinner time, you will likely see the "beauties" that Beth leaves corn out for. This is mommy and son. There is also another female who is acting as nanny, but is actually a sister. The two "girls" and the little boy come and together. Then after a while the baby will come back down all alone to scarf up whatever was left. But they are very aware of people, and they are very skittish. I can't tell you how SPECIAL it feels to see them in the wild doing their own thing. You can hear them chomping the corn and snorting at each other. So very special.

Mama didn't like taking her eyes off of us. They were VERY close to us ... VERY. I'm sure we smelled funny to them.

The girl looking at the camera is the "auntie"/nanny/sister. Mommy has a lot of scars and scrapes, not to mention bug bites. And she is about 7 years old according to Beth's calculations.

SO sweet. The little one here is such a luscious chestnut color. He's lost his baby spots on his rump, and his racing stripes around his neck are now gone ... but his color gives him away as a baby. And his appetite! That gives him away as a baby too!

Mom - on guard. They walked up the hill several times at her insistence. She really didn't like us taking pictures, so I promised her I wouldn't take any more. And I thanked her from my whole being for letting us meet them and watch their beauty. And I thanked Beth for sharing.
What a perfect Sunday evening!!
We actually went over to Beth's to visit with Beth and Mark as Mark was in town for a little while. Mark & Paul ended up hanging a storm door for Beth. Beth and I ended up chatting about life's miracles and such. Then the beauties showed up and we all sat and stared. What a perfect Sunday evening!
I can't believe I forgot to post these. Hope you enjoy!
It never got warmer than 60 degrees today and we were in a cloud all day long ... very mystical! I kept waiting for the Lady of the Avalon to come riding through on her white horse. But as that didn't happen, I'm moving on to preparing for tomorrow. I've also begun singing "The sun will come out, tomorrow" ... hope it's the truth!
Blessings to you all,
Paul & Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment