Saturday, January 31, 2009

Happy Weekend!


So, Christian has a loose tooth! Seems impossible that he's already old enough to start shedding teeth! Time flies ... as they say. He's is very excited at the prospect of the tooth fairy bringing money ... how fun!
This morning Paul & I get to teach at the Crossnore School. I always wake up early (!) on the days when we get to do this ~ a true testimony to how much I actually enjoy and look forward to it! The kids are so much of a treat to us. We got to watch the boys basketball game last Wed. night. I had forgotten how high pitched high school girls can scream! Ouch! Anyway, it was GREAT fun to see the game and hang with the kids. We are just so lucky to have found this gift. One of the girls has been forever found and left last weekend with her new adopted family. It's always a great celebration when these kids find a family as they are already growing, not babies or toddlers. We so wish her a happy life ever after! There is also a set of 3 siblings who left for their forever families over Thanksgiving. Such real miracles!
Yesterday it snowed ALL DAY LONG. It snowed the most petite snowflakes I've ever seen all the while the sun was shining! It truly looked like it was snowing from the sun ... very cool and oh, so beautiful. Kind of magical ... the flakes looked like little bubbles floating in the air.
Looks like our friends in FL are going to get some frost this weekend ... a chilly weekend for the Super Bowl, huh?!? We are looking at a REAL snow Tuesday so Paul's been chopping wood and stock piling for the event. Always something going on around here!
If it would ever warm up enough I could grout this monster mosaic and have it finished up. It is coming right along and looking pretty good .... finally. Guess I'll begin some of the things I want to do now that I'm stalled on this. My pile of work to be grouted is huge. Mother Nature, I'm sure, will cooperate when she's good and ready!
Just wanted to wish every one of you a happy weekend. Do something fun, something productive and something restful! Then you've covered it all!
Cheers to all,
Paul & Cheri


No comments:

Post a Comment