Monday, August 18, 2008






Just a bit of an update. I can't get the garden pics or the sunflower pics to upload this evening ... so I'll have to save those for later. You're probably sick of them anyways. But we're having such a good time begin quasi farmers! :-)
Thougt I'd post an update of the house with all the wild flowers and such. It really looks nice and we've had such a wonderful time playing in the flower garden and "theraputing", as I call it. The jars here are all apple sauce and apple butter that Paul canned. I did help with stirring the apple butter while he was at work. But I must say, he's the canner here and seems to enjoy it so very much. He smiles a lot!
The chair full o' cats was taken Sunday morning. Kind of fits with our Sunday morning feeling around here. We had a wee dinner party Saturday night so this Sunday was particularly slow moving at first. Felt GREAT to not be in over drive for a change! I took 2 naps! HEAVEN!
The Summer Olympics have preoccupied my evenings and I haven't gotten near the painting accomplished I thought I would have. But, frankly Scarlett ... you know the rest. I think we might be getting a bit tired of all work and no play ... I know I am. I love watching these incredible atheletes! They are just so astounding to me. What dedication and determination it must take to even think about competing in the Olympics. I guess if they had a painting event, I could enter! HA!!!! But all kidding aside, OMG! Those gymnasts are so incredible!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There is so much happening in our little world with our friends and our family:

* Christian is in kindergarten, Cade is in first grade and Austin is in third grade!! Time is flying by! Apparently Christian loves going to kindergarten, and I'm still waiting for a report on how the Adams boys are taking to school this year (I'm not even sure if they've started yet).

* Elise (my dad's s.o. ) is experiencing some very serious illness and I would certainly appreciate any good thoughts and prayers you could offer. She had 8 lymph nodes removed last week and needs some extra energy to heal from the trauma of that surgery! God Bless you, Elise.

* The kids who help me in the yard and have Tuesday night dinner club with me (Jennie and Chad) are talking about getting married! We may have an official engagement announcement in October ... so stand by for that! I love people in love ... so fun to watch!

* I did, indeed, pitch my dance program to the Crossnore School, and they were delighted and enthusaistic about having me (and Paul). So, the first class/workshop will be Sept. 24th ... some placement type classes, and then we'll go from there. I have a purpose again ... thank GOD!!

* My sister in law, Debbie and her folks have had to postpone their visit because of their various "issues" (as Debbie calls it). So as soon as their strengths improve (both individually and collectively), we'll be seeing them up here in the mountains. Heal quickly, y'all!

* I will be setting Paul up on his own blog soon. He has expressed the desire to write on his very own, so ... soon to come ... I'll let you know!

* Fall is in the air already! It really already smells different, feels different and the sunrises and sunsets are different. I am collecting stamina now for the cold that is to come. Good grief! The summer has simply flown by. I hope the fall lasts a L O N G time so winter will be prolonged!

* We have several friends and family members who are currently experiencing broken hearts, be it from romantic love, family/friend death, and just life change that is overwhelming and heartbreaking. Most of our friends are dealing with losing their parents, part of our age group, I'm afraid. Some of our friends (the younger ones, mostly) are going through the roller coaster ride of finding and losing love. It is a very big reality check for Paul and I as we listen to and sympathize with all of these people we love who are hurting. Please know, and you all know who you are, how many prayers we send your way, and how many sweet thoughts we hold for you all on the other side of this. Hang in there and let us know how we can help.

Until next time ... when I can get the garden pics to post! Can't get spell check to work either ... hope you can figure out what I mean! Happy Trails!

Paul and Cheri (Green Acres)

No comments:

Post a Comment