Sunday, December 02, 2007

Life is Good!









Look! We have heat! REAL heat ... the house is so nice and cozy ... thank goodness, as it's going into the teens (temperature wise) this week. We're expecting storms (snow and rain) so it's just in time! THANKS again to my siblings and their spouses :-). We're still waiting for Lowe's to get their gas logs in stock for the bedroom fireplace. And the wood stove is schedule to get installed this week ... life is good!
Here is our beautiful Christmas tree in its undecorated state. We had to leave it naked for a few days so the cats to get used to it and climb in it, etc without breaking everything. As we suspected, they're over it now, so Paul, Charles and I put the lights on it last night and I suppose Paul and I will get it decorated in the next few days. This picture of the farm house and tree farm is my attempt (while driving) to get a shot off so you can see what the trees look like when their in the dirt on their farms. It's really pretty incredible how massive these tree farms are. I'll try to get a better picture display this week. It's not that easy when you're supposed to be driving on these mountain roads!!!!
I think Paul's stint with the tree farm work has come to an end now. He's driving some of the Mexican men to the airport tomorrow so they can go back to Mexico for a few months. I guess they come back in March or April to begin shaping the trees and such after the freezes are over. Paul has made some interesting friends whilst working with the trees ... he says the guys are getting very excited about going home. There is one man who has a 2 month old child he's going to meet for the first time. Life is different for everyone of us, isn't it!?!
My new job is LOVELY. The folks I'm working with are wonderful people and the members at the club are all very nice folks. We only have about 24 full time resident members. But there are 446 members (and families) all together. Apparently the winter is calm and the summer is CRAZY! Just my style! It works out great for me, as dance is crazy in the winter and calm in the summer. I'm so fortunate to have been chosen for this job and I am definitely aware of it and saying grace every day!
We're going into Johnson City today to find some work clothes for me and to give Paul some Barnes and Noble time! Also, it seems to be December already, so I'm sure there will be some Christmas shopping to do ... can't believe it's already December!!!!!
Hope everyone is doing well and ready for the coming weeks of holiday mania! Cheers to all! Paul and Cheri


No comments:

Post a Comment