Sunday, November 25, 2007

Catching up ...


Family, food & tractors, oh my! This has been a delightful Thanksgiving week for us here! Hopefully you can all say the same thing! These folks are my sister Cyndie; her husband Paul; and their grand-dog Braydon. Paul is an HVAC "guy" and in trade for Thanksgiving dinner, he ran all the copper wiring and heaters, etc into our house so we can now have propane heat! He also provided and installed heaters to go to the pipe, along with my Paul crawling under the house to help hook it all up, we have heaters now! THANK YOU, Paul, Paul G. & Cyndie!! All I had to do was cook ~ such a deal! :-) On the 29th the propane company is supposed to come and drop off a tank for us. We may actually get warm before the REALLY cold weather comes. My brother Wayne and his wife Debbie have very generously donated to our "wood stove installation" fund and that will be going in to the kitchen. We are trying (actually, I think it's my project as Paul doesn't really seem to be affected by the cold) to get heat sources that aren't interrupted when the electricity runs out ... if it's 10 degrees and the wind is blowing about 50 mph, we still need heat! Even if the electric company doesn't think so, I do! So, many thanks to my brothers and sisters for their very sweet and generous gifts to keep our teeth from chattering and our fingers and toes from being so numb! Even the cats with their fur coats are cold around here! The crawl up on the electric blankets with us at night!







I must say, it's very nice to have a sister to share the cooking and washing dishes with! I left home at 16 and Cyndie was only 8 or so ... this is my first time of having shared duties in the kitchen. It was GREAT! Thanks, Cyndie!! It was fun to have a sister here for a hundred other reasons. It's nice to just have GIRL time for a change! Our family is so small and scattered about, it is a special moment when we get to visit in person.
AND ... This is tractor Paul! Isn't he adorable?!?! He left yesterday morning to go and load Christmas trees on Buck Mountain in Tennessee. The temperature was some where between 10 and 20 degrees when he left. We never got much above 38 yesterday ~ but it was BEAUTIFUL outside ... blue skies, calm air. He is my hero! So if you have a live Christmas tree this year, I can tell you that it involved some true physical labor, some cold men, and a lot of dedication to working to get it to you. Paul's friend Charles, is driving one of the 18 wheelers that take the trees out and about to Lowes, Home Depot and etc. It takes a BUNCH of people to run the industry this time of year. Paul brought us a tree home yesterday ... so we'll be trying to get that up today after he gets home from work ... going to try to begin decorating the house today after my pot of coffee gets into my system and I get some "spunk" together!
On a TOTALLY different subject, I interviewed for a job last July at the Grandfather Golf and Country Club for which I didn't get. However, the real estate office that exclusively represents that club had a opening for an office manager/executive assistant. They invited me to interview for the job on Nov. 9th and offered me the job on Nov. 15th! I started work on the 19th. It's a wonderful job, with the hours being 8:30 to 4:30. I am still able to teach my dance classes on Monday and Tuesday. So my personal thanksgiving celebration has been quite huge for so many different reasons! I will still try to help my friend Terri with her website stuff at the other real estate office. But I no longer have to work 7 days a week, 3 or 4 different jobs. Thank goodness!!!!
Things around here are hopping, as always! It's time to change the clothes around from short sleeves to insulated; decorate for Christmas holidays; gather gifts for giving and supplies for making stuff ... busy, busy, busy. We wish you all safe travels, fun days and great health as we go full swing in to the holiday season! Cheers! Paul & Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment