Thursday, November 01, 2007

An Adventure Like no Other!


Here's ref Paul!! Isn't he cute! And the concentration on his face just makes me giggle! HE's a hero up here in the soccer industry. The kids love him and the coaches all seem to respect him since he's got the "English thing" going on. We should all have such success with our accents! :-) And thanks to Janet (Paul's sister) for the official uniforms!

Paul began driving his tractor for the Christmas tree industry on Tuesday!!! He's having a wonderful time!! I never thought of him as a tractor driver, but he's certainly proving he is. He's working for Jack Weissman, who is the largest tree supplier around. He's responsible for about 3 million trees/year. They've already cut, bailed and hauled the entire Crossnore area so he's moved over to a mountain right off of the main highway about 5 miles from our house. Currently he's on Buck Mountain ... in Tennessee .... I'm sure enjoying the GORGEOUS panoramic views. I hope it stays as beautiful weather wise as it has been. I'm sure he's freezing in the morning before the temps get above 30 ... but by noon it's usually 55 or 60 and he's peeling off layers of flannel! He looks more and more like a local every day!!! His eyes are so blue it's amazing. They look like they're reflecting the Carolina blue sky. He's just shining! But his body is sore at the end of his day and he's ready for a siesta! Probably the influence of all the Latinos he works with now! HAHA! He's learning about siestats, and I'm sure they're going to be drinking hot tea by season's end!

I begin working in the wreath business next Wed. when I officially begin 7 days/week. I'm working for Sugar Mountain Nurseries, who also has a wreath wholesale, retail and mail order business. I hear we ship out gobs and gobs of wreaths all over the world. Should be interesting! Paul & I will both be working 7 days/week for about the next 3 weeks. This brings me to say, we won't really be having any leisure e-mail time, so please be conservative with what you're sending to us right now! And kindly understand that you won't get prompt replies! Also our home internet service has been down all week so I'm having to use the real estate office's internet! Hopefully we'll have ours back tomorrow afternoon ... we'll see!!!!

Hope all of you out there had a wonderful Halloween and are now getting prepared for Thanksgiving. I can just hardly believe it's holiday time again already! I remember my mom saying how fast time was flying ... I didn't understand it then, but it's oh, so REAL now!!! I finally get it, mom!

There are copious amounts of birthday celebrations coming up. One is my my very good friend, Valerie Marozzi. So Val, happy birthday, honey. I hope all of the candles on your cake represent a wish that will come true for you this year and that you are blessed with good health, gobs of love and great happiness!!! I miss you greatly!

Happy November to all! Paul & Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment