Saturday, July 28, 2007

Gardener Paul & the general update!
















Here is a proud man in his garden! (isn't he cute?) ;-) He has faithfully checked, babied and worried over this little square of dirt and seeds, just like a Gardener should! The sproutlings have grown into plants and are looking pretty darn good for the most part! The snap peas aren't really wanting to hurry ... nor are the beets or carrots, but they're up and fighting for a chance! The weather has been so very wet ... it would be nice to have a couple days of sunshine to bring out the procrastinator plants! They must be like me, freezing most of the time! HAHA! I came back from Utah's 95 to 100 degree heat to a day that didn't even go above 60 and rained like crazy! What a contrast the two mountain ranges are!
Anyway, see the tomato????? If you double click on the picture, you should see a little tomato about the size of a large marble! Things are really happening here! We're hoping for food eventually .. we will, of course, keep you posted!
I missed announcing my brother-in-law's birthday ... sorry, Paul, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! (This is my sister's husband). Also, my friend Donna, who I was in Utah with, has a birthday on August 5th and I don't want to forget it so ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY DONNA!!!!!!!! Also, a very special 4 year old will have a birthday on August 6th, CHRISTIAN! You'll be hearing more about that though, so I won't go into detail too much tonight ... he is having a break dancing birthday bash though! Hope we can rise to the occasion! My son, Jon and Melissa are leaving for a cruise to Mexico Wed., y'all have BIG FUN and enjoy your vacation (FINALLY).
I began my training at Lowes on Tuesday. I have been sitting in front of a computer terminal for 5-6 straight hours every day training for the position. There is more to learn than I could have imagined, and I get pretty saturated by the end of my shift! Because I'm going right into sales, I have double training ... the sales standards and employee policies for Lowes; and the Lowe's process to design and order cabinets. Then there is the part where I have to learn how to drive fork lifts and things (oh Lord! They know NOT what they are asking!!!!!) I'm going into a dept. with a high powered sales gal who is from Germany (Sabina) and the manager is a laid back southern guy (who Paul actually worked with at Dirk's when Paul first arrived in NC) who's name is Mark. So, it ought to be interesting, as everything is in this life!
We're hoping to have a movie day tomorrow if all works out. I actually have tomorrow off and so does Paul! We've been trying to find a break in the weather to mow the yard and hoe the garden, but we decided our back up plan will be a movie!! I could use a mental break!
Paul's little car is having a clutch problem, so that's yet another project! As with all things related to his car, we'll have to order that from some obscure place (usually on e-bay or some such place), and meanwhile Charles has been kind enough to lend him a car! We are truly blessed with the friends we've made around here. They are all generous and kind, even to us "foreigners". Charles took Paul to Jonesborough, TN today. It's about an hour west from our house ... close to where we have to go for Barnes & Noble and etc. Paul said it was a typical little (circa 1910) town with all brick (mostly red and brown) and great old architecture with narrow streets and hills all around. Somehow he found an "English shoppe" and although they didn't seem to carry much food, he managed to find some English chocolate Flakes and McVities biscuits! Nice little treat!
We are hoping everyone is healthy, loved, joyous, wealthy and wise this summer season! And I personally am hoping everyone is warmer than I am! HAHA! Cheers to all! Paul & Cheri

1 comment:

  1. Good job Paul. You are certainly more talneted that I realized. Are you now an avid eater of your own plantings? I remember a time when you refused to eat veggies etc.

    ReplyDelete