Sunday, July 15, 2007

Our Sproutlings and other dirt! ...











Here are the sproutlings ... we're so proud! We have bush beans, and half runners (beans), 60 day corn, sugar snaps, beets, carrots, lettuce, zucchini & crookneck squash, cucumbers, sunflowers and pumpkins! The tomato plants are in the bath tub ... which Charles' Nana gave to Paul last week (the tomato plants, not the bath tub)! We're looking forward to fresh food in our future! Yeah!
The upper picture is where Paul is creating a walkway from our basement door, as well as making a place for his bees. He will be getting a swarm of bees soon so we can raise our very own honey! Let me just make this clear right here and now, they are PAUL'S bees ... his idea, his project, his bees! I love honey ... so I'm sure I'll enjoy the benefit of the bees. But they make me a little anxious so I may never go in the backyard again after they arrive .... we'll see!!!!! :-0 But isn't he doing a GREAT job of digging it all out (by hand with a shovel!!!!) and making it just right!?! I know his back is sore ... while he did that today, I mowed this entire ground! Believe me when I tell you that an acre is a lot of mowing, especially with a hand mower! But I sure did get some good exercise out of the deal! And the yard looks nice and tidy so we're happy ... and so are the neighbors (Bruce mows twice a week whether it needs it or not!).
Didn't want to leave town without sharing our sproutling photos!!!!!
Cheers to all, Paul & Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment