Tuesday, January 30, 2007











There are certainly enough things going on here to keep us busy! Paul went to work yesterday in 9 degree weather ... but before he left for work ... right around 6 AM it was 3 degrees! 3 degrees! That just sounds like it can't be ... but oh, it was! Yesterday the temperature never got above freezing! Today is much more reasonable, I think it's about 35 right now. Tomorrow is supposed to go back to arctic blast with an ice storm possible on Thursday. To keep myself from freezing to death, I've chosen to do projects which require physical activity ... and mostly seem to involve wallpaper, either removing or installing. Either way, it keeps your body temperature up!

Saturday we had Andy and Jenn over for dinner and gaming. Paul was absolutely like a little boy, having someone over who actually enjoys x-box! And it was fun to watch them all doing their thing ... and hearing so much laughter in the house! Andy works with Paul at Blue Mountain Metal Works and is a blacksmith, now and forever more. He's going to be making the cabinet hardware for our kitchen ... thank goodness! His finacee, Jennifer is studying contracting and math at ASU and hopes to get into construction estimating when it's all said and done! Youth! So nice to be around!

Sunday was unfortunately a working day for us around here. I began wallpapering the bedroom on Friday with hopes of finishing it on Saturday ... but procrastination won over my desire! I did, of course, finish it on Sunday. Not an easy task, to put it gently! The paper is a very subtle design (Fleur De Li's) in beige and tanish ... so very difficult to see to match seams. I thought about just giving up more than once, which is certainly not my normal attitude about wallpapering. Anyway ... it's up now (what didn't peel up from the frigid temp of the wall) and looks pretty good! We still need to paint below the chair rail, and then install the chair rail. Then, we'll have to paint the walls that aren't going to get papered ... and so it goes ... I tried to post a picture, but the pattern is so sublte that you can't see it on the photo! Maybe after we get it painted and etc., I'll be abel to figure out the lighting better. Anyway, Andy mentioned on Saturday that he thought the mantle had cherry or oak wood under the white paint ("they" just covered EVERYTHING that is made of wood around here!) ... so Sunday Paul & I took turns peeling the paint ... which incidentally had been light green BEFORE white ... and the mantle is, indeed, red oak. It is GORGEOUS ... can't wait to unveil the entire thing! Here (above) is what it looked like earlier on Sunday ... we've done more since then. Paul went on to soccer and got to be in goal the whole time, so he was a smiling man when he got home ... and a bit of a sore one as well! I love that he goes to play ... good for him and the community!

Yesterday was another "there is so much to be done" day ... and since school was cancelled because of snow, ice and otherwise frigid temps, I had some time on my hands. SO, I took to the "guest" bedroom and began scrapping horrendous cardboard backed wallpaper off of the tongue and groove walls in the guest room. It is going to be a full week's job ... but will be beautiful when it's complete! I meant it when I said my life was revolving around wallpaper here of late! So, here is what that looks like in the beginning of the process. When I began scrapping the glue off of the wall (yuk!) what was unveiled is absolutely gorgeous wood, and will be the highlight (no doubt) of the guest suite. I certainly hope the room is ready by the time my son arrives on the 13th! Otherwise, his bed will be in the living room or the parlor! HA! There is a bathroom upstairs also and it needs a whole lot of TLC ... my friend Beth says it looks like a "camp" bathroom from when she went to summer camp as a kid! She is right! Guess I'll get to working on that too! :-)

Today I've been making props for dance class (have to work some too!) and silently wondering how I'm going to go out in this weather without freezing to death --- as they're expecting snow showers after sunset ~ when I go to work at 6pm, I'll probably get to see them ... then while the temp is dropping to 13 degrees, I'll get to slide down the hill in them! You see how it works around here! Taking a bit of time for us (me, really) to get used to it. But as you can see, the kitties are fine, happy, fat and sassy ~ not to mention warm in their fur coats!! As I'm typing, the wind is gusting up around 40 mph and howling through the house! So much fun ... and just right for napping! And since I can, I believe I will before I must go teach.
We have birthdays again this week! Joe Williams, our friend in the Tarpon Springs area; Joni Stewart, my dance director and great friend in Cumming, GA (north of Atlanta); and my cousin Georga in NYC. Happy birthday to ALL y'all ~ and our wishes for many more to come. Y'all have a great week and kids at The Dancer's Pointe, keep up the good work! Everyone is proud of all of you! I miss each of you gobs and bunches and will be there in spirit for your regional competition. If you do your best, you'll be G R E A T !!!!
Happy Trails to all! Paul & Cheri


No comments:

Post a Comment