Monday, January 22, 2007

A Real House in Progress!
















Look! We have a real house! The dining room is no longer the bedroom/living room ... it is a dining room - albeit not quite put together - it's getting there! And the flooring in that room is BEAUTIFUL!!! The bedroom is solid kilz right now --- but the floor is BEAUTIFUL too - no ring around the rug anymore ... Hallelujah! My husband, my hero ... I don't know how he endured the vast project of sanding these floors. We figured out he had sanded 1480 sq. ft. with the drum sander --- but since he had to do each sq. ft. with 3 or 4 different grits of paper ... well, you do the math! It's way past what any sane man would tolerate. We are so lucky to have insanity on our side! :-) So now the task of doing the edges of the floors is at hand - and we will have to put the polyurethane on them too. But the exciting part is that our house is looking like a house! And the cat's paws don't have that old gunk on them any more ... and they are very happy about that! And ... I'll be able to unpack now! I'm definitely feeling very blessed, yet again! The blessings are abundant around here ... and they run from Jennifer's health being great, to the ice melting so I can drive! We've also heard from several "old" friends lately, which has been such a treat! I love the holidays and the New Year for that reason - reconnecting with life long friends and some busy extended family. As Paul says often, "we're very lucky"! Keep those cards and letters coming! They really make our days around here.

My new teaching schedule begins today, which I'm also feeling very blessed over. I begin at 3:30 and go through until 8:30 ... if there are students to fill the class space. With it being a brand new school, one never knows! But we're keeping our fingers crossed, all the same! Y'all can check it out - carolinacheeranddance.com.

I've been remiss in my birthday wishing, please forgive me ... on the 15th, it was Paul's brother, Christopher's birthday; Paul's nephew, Nick's birthday; and my niece, Hollie's birthday. On the 19th, it was my son, Jon's birthday (pictured above on the beach a couple years ago --- isn't he a cutie?); and my dear friend, Melody's birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to ALL y'all!!!!! I understand David had a birthday too --- but I wasn't invited to the party, so didn't know anything about it ... :-O Happy Birthday, old man!!!! Congratulations to TDP dancers, who I understand did a GREAT job at Lakeland ... and I saw the pics of Mannequin ... very interesting!! Y'all certainly looked the part!

Well, please keep in touch ... we miss everyone and it's lonely up here in these hills! Blessings to all! Paul & Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment