Saturday, October 14, 2006

Today is the Day!!!



I've opened my eyes and realized, this is it! The kitty report is, the little miracle kitty has found itself a home with my sweet friend Valerie and her two girls, Samantha and Vanessa. It will be loved and taken care of, a fate much better than living under the back porch. Although she has had many offers, the mamma would like to remain outside and free, we gypsies can understand that for sure! Artemis has found a great hiding spot to keep from getting packed, but his expression is how I feel this morning! Today is the day! Paul made it back to Orlando around 11:30 last night and boy was it good to see him! I think he might be enjoying sleeping in a real bed as he's still fast asleep! He's been sleeping on an army cot and waking up to temperatures of 40 and below. Guess he might be glad to be warmer for a little bit! He was also glad to see the T.V. when he got home, and actually got to catch a bit of his favorite, "Dr. Who" before bed. We have a huge day ahead of us with picking up the moving truck, packing it and etc. It's a large job normally, but including the garage filled with Paul's treasures, it's a HUGE job. :-) It's been a week filled with my having to say goodbyes to my good friends and students and their families. I am ever so excited to begin our new chapter, but the saying goodbye and moving out of this chapter has proven to be a BIG task filled with sorrow on many levels. Thank goodness we live in modern times and have these lovely computers, telephones and etc. I guess it's just time for us to get a web cam and visit our friends that way! For all of you here in Orlando, please know that I take you with me in my heart and when we finally get "hooked up" on-line again, I'll be in touch. We are supposed to be live on Tuesday ... we'll see! I have to take this computer down around noon today ... so if you don't here from us for a few days, that might be why!!! You are all welcome to come and visit, but bring an air mattress if it's any time in the near future! So ... with the house fully packed, the "crew" coming to load the truck and the whole day ahead of us, I'll say goodbye to Orlando for now. I will miss everyone dearly. Hope this finds you all well and happy. Paul & Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment