Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Home at last!




Well, here we are, safe and sound and grateful for every bit of it! The truck was a 26 foot, packed to the brim, piece of transport that also pulled a dolly with Paul's pride and joy 1973 Saab 96, a canoe, a ballet barre, bed frames and various other things jammed into the canoe, which was jammed under the Saab! There wasn't any room left for even a toothpick. We had the best friends in the world helping us. Pedro, who is the man who owns the company (Cumex Metals) where Paul worked in Orlando, helped us load and UNLOAD the truck. He rode w/ Paul in the truck up here and helped unload, then flew home. Can I just tell you what a HUGE deal that was - thank you Pedro! He told us later on Monday that he'd never moved before as he's from Cuba and they live in their home for their life ... and when he came to America, he brought a back pack! Bet after his experience with our move, he'll be an expert when it comes time to move into his new home with his family, who has also moved here. As Paul had a road trip buddy, so did I. Ms. Kelly, who is the director for the studio where I've been working in Orlando, was sweet enough to load my car to the point of a sardine can (!) and ride with me and the 2 cats all the way up here, then flew back with Pedro. We are ever so grateful for these 2 good sports, and angels in our lives. Also, the night before we left it was looking pretty hopeless for finishing when the Marozzi family cavalry dropped in and became undeniably the most intergal part of our second wind! I can't believe how much work those 4 people were willing to do on their Sunday off! We sure did have some very special friends come to our rescue, and we just want to say THANK YOU in the biggest possible way!!!! There were others who popped in, David helped undo the computer chaos and packed it up so it could survive the journey, which we certainly appreciated gobs and bunches! Now I have to get Paul online with his xbox ... but I think I'll wait until I have most of the big furniture where it needs to go (otherwise, well ... you know) Paul had a welcome home sign that he hand made for me, just made my day! And Monday was our wedding anniversary, so what a way to celebrate. We are very lucky, grateful and oh, so tired people. I think the trip was mostly uneventful as far as traffic conditions, car and truck conditions, etc. But there were those little nuances that made the trip fun and special. There were a couple of "out of this deminsion" moments that we'll just keep there ... So, yesterday I woke up to sideways freezing rain and wind blowing hard enough to blow me across the yard. In celebration of that, I locked myself out of the house and had a little adventure that I'm sure only Cheri, the magnificent, could have enjoyed and endured. Thankfully, I had my car keys in my hand (because apparently the house is very secure and impossible to get in to without a key!) and I drove to Paul's shop and got his key. With angels watching over me, he was there and not in some remote location of an installation for the day! Around here, when you have to go someplace, it takes a while! We have so much to do here that I'm sure I will NEVER get bored or still! The cats have finally come out of hiding and are quite entertaining running around the place, but as you can see, they are living up to their reputation with the frequent cap naps ... all cuddled up in this colder climate. Will catch up with more soon, but most go scrub stuff now. Thanks for all of your good wishes and help to get us home. Best wishes to Paul's dad who is unfortunately under the weather. Get well soon, Mel! Be well and be happy! Paul & Cheri

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I missed your call.. I will catch up with you on Thursday for the whole xbox deal..

    ReplyDelete