Sunday, October 08, 2006

One week from today!



Well, in one week from today we should be on the road with everything we own headed for the blue ridge mountains and our new home! As exciting as that prospect is, this whole packing thing is a never ending process. As my friend, Valerie said yesterday, "it does just seem to go on, doesn't it". Y E S! It does! I am on target to wrap it up today ! as well as the income taxes as my extension runs out Oct. 15th. Nothing like planning it all to be the same deadline. Then I can't forget anything! The 2 little boys in the picture are my grandson, Christian (left) and his best friend, Nathan (right) at their school fall festival yesterday. They are just TOO cute to leave out of the picture here! And the mosaic is the one I had to drag out all that mess for, but I'm sure glad I did. My mosaic artist mentor (Chrissie Grace) has a little boy who named the mosaic Lulufly ... and so here she is! Paul has begun some major work on the house already. Poor man ... drove up there, arrived last Sunday around 4pm and worked from that moment on! He's enjoying his job with Blue Mountain Metal Works and seems to like his fellow workers. He's also enjoying the views when they go out on job sites! I'm so envious! Yesterday he put kilz on the walls in the 4 major rooms and painted the one room we'll be living in so the mildew won't kill us! Isn't he such a nice guy!?!? So at least while I'm staying up until the wee hours of the morning packing, he's awake too. Yesterday he was eating his lunch outside at our cement table watching the world go by when a BILLY GOAT went strolling across the yard ... horns, beard and all!!!! As hard as he tried to make it a deer or a doberman pincher, it turned out to be a goat! He also said it was not interested in being neighborly! We will be in another dimension up there, no doubt about it. :-) Hope this finds you all well and happy. Paul & Cheri

1 comment:

  1. You both will be missed. NC is better for now having both of you reside there...

    ReplyDelete