Sunday, May 08, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!


Frances Johnson Taylor, my beautiful mom.  This picture was around 1942 (I think).  Isn't she something? Her mom, Muriel Tyler Johnson, was ever so beautiful as well, with coal black hair and Cherokee Indian cheek bones.  These ladies set the standard for women in our family.  Momma, thanks to you I have an appreciation for all living things.  I have the understanding of unconditional love.  I have faith.  I have self respect.  I was loved by my mom.  I know security.  I learned everything you tried to teach me ... eventually.  I keep striving to be the woman you were hoping for.  I wish I could thank you in person. I love you. And I miss you.

 
This bloom opened today in honour of Mother's Day! Isn't she a beaut???


And these pansies just make me smile!
Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!  And all you moms who are watching over us from afar. 
Blessings to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment