Monday, March 14, 2011

They did it! 10K!

So, Nina talked her dad, PAUL, into running a 10k!  There was a little healthy competition between them and one thing lead to another ... before long they were registered for the Chasing Snakes 10K in Johnson City.  SO ... Nina landed Friday night and Saturday morning she and Paul were standing at the starting line ready to run! I am thoroughly impressed!  I, unfortunately was not able to participate as I had to take my art to the gallery ... but that's another story for another time...

So, here they are, father and daughter, numbers 503 and 502, all fresh and ready to run a 10K!
As I understand it, Nina had a great pace and just ran until she finished, which was 68 minutes after she began.  Did I mention that I am totally impressed?  Holy smokes!  (I would still be trying to finish!)  Paul did a few of those manly "go as fast as I can" and "gotta catch my breath" kind of things ... and has self professed to be "not at a steady pace" ~ but still finished at 75 minutes.  I am so very proud of both of them!  But I will point out here and now that Paul did NOT beat Nina and Nina actually won the race between the two of them!

Apparently Paul found this gentleman, Neal, who helped him set a pace and get himself in a zone.  Thanks, Neal.

THE FINISH LINE!
10k!  Good job, honey! You ROCK.
Nina, I'm so sorry I wasn't there to take your finish line shot. :-(
Next time I will BE THERE ~ probably not in running clothes tho!

So here they are, finished and smiling!

I think this was at the awards ceremony.  Look at those big ole grins! So cute!
Paul was amazed that the winner had already showered and changed to accept his award by the time they all finished the race.  HA!

Post race Paul. :-)
Life is good!
Happy Trails and many blessings,
Paul and Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment