Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Now, Where was I?

First order of business, of course is our precious Christian!  Here he is on Monday, March 7th.  He took cupcakes to his regular school for sharing to say thank you for all the good thoughts and prayers the kids and their parents sent.  They all sent cards and letters, and jokes on the care pages.  They were all very concerned about Christian.  Now he is his silly little self, as you can see!!!!  Wish I could give out cupcakes to all of you for your kindness to all of us during his crazy illness.  But please know, in our hearts, we've made each of you a special cupcake filled with love and goodness.  Really! Thank you all!

This is the piece I want to center my gallery space around.  The frame is an old antique mirror frame that originally went on a buffet.  The mirror was broken out of it and Tammy (who owns the antique store) gave me the frame when she heard I wanted to mosaic inside it.  Now I tell you, when I told her that I had a big sunflower image in mind.  BUT between Tammy and Chrissie making all their bird pieces, and Jenni Horne's influence, I started thinking I should do a bird cage.  When I started babbling about it to Paul (that poor man, he must really feel like stuffing cotton in to his ears some times!) he came up with "I think you should do wire for the cage" ... and this is what has come out of all of that.  Things like this kind of create their selves, but I would be lost and sunk without Paul's input. (thanks, honey)  This piece has been great fun to work on.  I must admit, putting those teeny tiny glass pieces on the bird sort of felt like surgery at some points ... but other than that, it's been easy and lovely to work on.  Today is grout day and I am procrastinating like a pro!
Please check out the new page for my art at http://www.artsymatilda.com/.  I'd love to hear what you think!!!
It's pouring the rain and it's cold.  Will the grout dry?  I'll keep you posted!
I am feeling a little less wobbly today than I have been since Feb. 3rd.  Each day delivers more strength, more clarity and some heart healing.  Whew!  So grateful for THAT!  There is no way to prepare oneself for having the "rug yanked out from under neath you" as did happen with Christian's illness.  We have been blessed repeatedly since that day and we offer thanks and gratitude at every turn.  But the best way I can describe how I feel is:
Remember when you were a kid?  You would close your eyes and some of your friends would spin you around in gobs and gobs of circles.  Then they would let go and you were supposed to open your eyes and just continue on in a straight line.  It was a bit wobbly at first just trying to stand up, then attempts at walking were "pitiful" at best.  Then time passed and everything returned right back to normal again.
Well, I think I've almost returned to the walk a straight line phase again.
Reminding you that Hugh passed away just a week ago yesterday.  The service was lovely and well done for such a mighty fine man.  Still will miss him ike crazy.
My sister's husband, Paul (who is my brother-in-law-to make that easier) was hospitalized and taken in to ICU for cardiac troubles this Monday.  It was determined he has a blood clot in his heart.  Gadzooks!  They've medicated him and are confident in his treatment and have sent him home so Cyndie can take good care of him while he heals and gets stronger.  Please send him some good thoughts, as he is still very uncomfortable and weak.  He is very lucky to have been diagnosed quickly and having a plan of treatment is a blessing. Heal quickly Paul! We're sending all good thoughts your way. 
SO: breaking out of THAT cycle with good news:
Paul's Mum and Dad celebrated their wedding anniversary on March 7th.
Happy Wedding Anniversary to you two lovebirds!!!
Nina will be arriving this Friday (amongst the snow flakes) to run a race with her dad on Saturday in Johnson City to benefit the Women & Family shelters.  Yay for Nina coming!  It's always wonderful to see her.  I'm glad they're running and not me! Going to snow Friday ... blue legs do NOT look good on me! :-)
The gallery opens on the 15th, so we exhibitors will take our work in on Saturday ... which means I will be on my own for this trip.  Upstairs Gallery is located in High Point, NC  (http://www.upstairsgalleryhp.com/) and here I go!  G.U.L.P.!!!!!
That's the news from the home of Sir Paul in Elk Park!
Happy Trails to you!
Paul and Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment