Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Midweek



Queen Anne's lace for you, Mom. :-) I miss you.

It's gorgeous here. The sunflowers continue to bloom and sway in the breeze. The veggies are beginning to yield and we had a fabulous squash/onion/cheese bake for supper last night. Supper is called dinner in most of blogger land ... but it's called supper up here ;-).

This is our first zucchini of the crop this year. It was DELICIOUS!

This is the last week of dance camp. Boo :-( It has been such a total PLEASURE to dance and teach more than once a week! What a lovely and joyful experience it has been!

We had one of the Crossnore Cottages over for a cookout Sunday night. There was laughter and giggling, eating and game playing, wii-ing and yes, some whining too (that was me)! We had such a good time and I think the kids did too. Sorry I can't post pictures directly of the kids because they are beautiful, but it's a privacy issue thingee. Dang. But I will give you proof that Paul can grill out --- enough hamburgers and hotdogs for an army! And he was attended by one of the Resident Counselors at the school, Rachel, whom we now claim as one of our own :-).



a game of Scattergories which at one point had 8 players --- it was WILD!!
Paul playing on the Wii. He lost a lot to Casey --- I smiled (because I can't seem to beat him at anything on the Wii. we'll have to get a dance game). They are bowling here.
Shannon and I got our official acceptance letter for the Riverwalk Festival art Show in August! I'm so excited I don't even know how to express it ... we've never had to be "accepted by the board" before! I put the letter up on the wall in the studio and Paul laughed at me. So, all in all, things are normal around here! I'm super busy trying to get a lot of pieces made. It's fun and such a treat to create. But it's stressful to think I HAVE to be ready. More deadlines. Oh well.
I'm also trying to work at Fabio's, finish his website, go visit my grandsons in Atlanta, clean the house, do the laundry, tend the garden, be a supportive and loving wife and mother. This is taking a lot of juggling! We are not bored. Life is good!
AND we got an update that Paul's dad is recovering beautifully from his back surgery and has gone back to work part time and light duty and can even drive himself. Whoo hoo! And also that Rick is recovering beautifully and now has permission to drive and return to work next week. So in the words of Paul's mum, they are both happy campers! I'm sure getting their independence back is wonderful ... on all counts.
Hope your midweek is finding you happy, safe, well fed, loved and blessed.
Paul & Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment