Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Our world

One morning we woke up and it was fall ... beautiful leaf color all around and the joys of scarecrows and pumpkins showing up in all those rich earth colors ... simply glorious.

Then we woke up to this .... rime ice on the tops of the mountains, and leaf color at the base. This picture was taken from the profile trail (Grandfather Mountain) on Sunday just past and posted on the weatherman's site. Isn't it spectacular?

This picture was taken the same day from someone on Beech Mountain. Crisp, clean, beautiful white scenery. This also came from Ray's weather site. AMAZING!!!

This is my niece, Hollie with Ty Pennington (sp?) from Extreme Makeover. My sister Cyndie is on the construction team that is doing one of the makeover homes for a policeman wounded in action, as she works for the construction company that is doing the project (Singleton Construction). Hollie sang Happy Birthday to Ty over the P.A. system yesterday as they opened the project to be started for the family. HOW EXCITING!!!! This kind of giving is a great thing for people to do! Makes my heart warm to know my little sister is involved. Way to go, Cyndie ... along with those hundreds of other people you've coerced into helping! Blessings to all of you!!!!!
Paul & I are staying busy, of course. He's been reffing almost every afternoon .... usually Fridays are off. I've added some evening classes to my schedule at Crossnore, so I'm getting some more exercise and having lots more fun giggling with the kids. Last night I had a bunch of under 12 year olds. What a ball of energy ... surely they could power a city the size of Manhattan! It was super fun ... and then I taught the teen girls who are all so enthusiastic about learning. Such a treat!
Paul will start working in the trees the end of this month! It was only 24 degrees when we got up this morning, so we're busy trying to organize warm clothes and such. When I say brrrrr, I mean cold! He'll be driving tractors, I hope, so we can save his knees as much as possible. The cold hurts the bones up here...old bones that is!
Do hope all of you are well.
Happy Trails!
Paul & Cheri


No comments:

Post a Comment