Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mid Week update

From the top of Beech Mountain ... you can see forever. This is a little misty, but so exquisite!

Another view. The rain has given us such a lush, green season. It is breath taking!

You can tell I'm trying every angle! Just can't get enough of the views from up here ...

This is why we were on top of Beech Mountain!! Paul spotted a weaving loom for sale that was being sold by a family who was moving to Idaho (!). "Dr. Keith" is going for his post doctorate and we won the prize for his not having enough room for everything! He has several more looms so I didn't feel terrible about getting this one! However, now that I have it, I need to learn to weave!! AND we need to figure out HOW to get this put together. It is kind of a torture to have it in the living room in this state knowing that it's there and not being able to do anything with it. Guess if I get tortured enough, I'll just figure out how to assemble it, huh?

THIS is what I hope to find soon at my house. A Leesburg 4 harness, 6 pedal loom, assembled and ready to weave! Whoo hoo! I found a book to order from a website in a weaver's magazine. The book is a "how to weave on a 4 harness, 6 pedal loom" so I figured it would be appropriate. When I filled out the information sheet it had a question that asked you to fill in, "I am a ______________" ... with the option to fill in the word 'spinner', 'weaver', or 'spinner/weaver'. SO, I declared I am a weaver! Let it be so! What a wonderful future! SO, be prepared for woven goods to go along with the mosaics and such. I'm very hopeful I can live up to that statement. I AM A WEAVER! Paul & I are hoping to make a trip to the Crossnore weaving room to get some hands on, eyes on experience this week/weekend. Maybe we'll also get to see the kids! That would be delightful, as we are not teaching for the summer. :-(
***In other news***
*the hikers (our adopt-a-sons from Mother's day) have logged over 800 miles at last notice (Sunday)!!! Can you believe that!?!
*we are expecting the grandsons to tour our house beginning June 25th for a week or so! I'm so excited I can't stand myself. Poor Paul ... I know he's sick of listening to me babble about it.
*Beth has returned from her trip to Italy and England, safe and sound. She sounds rejuvenated, and ready to take the world by the tail ... or return to Caprice, which ever opportunity presents itself first. We are officially off Bungalow-sitting detail. I like her bungalow, it's kind of a drag when we can't hang out there! She has a resident fox who is just glorious to see! She also has deer and turkeys by the dozens. They don't come and visit us tho. Just Beth.
*It's still raining ... what makes us lush and green ... but I think we might actually have a rain free day or Saturday or Sunday. One can always hope. Whoo hoo!
*Real estate is still slow ... but not completely dead any more. Hallelujah!
*no news on the shift addition for Paul yet ... still have our fingers crossed and our hopes up high. He's been doing all sorts of "odd jobs" for the members here at the club, as well as for our neighbor and the hardware store when they're extra busy. Tuesday night is softball night and even though he isn't playing, he's watching and enjoying it immensely. Last night he came home boasting he'd been holding a 2 week old baby! Dang!
*The side yard is still in crater state. Mother nature has not exactly seen to it to allow us to get out there and change that! We're hoping for this weekend to be the break we've been waiting for on that! Once we get the roots out of the craters, we can fill in the hole ... then order the real fill dirt for leveling it out. Then the cement can be ordered for the pad. Quite the scheduling! The only thing missing is a due date. That allows a lot of procrastination time! It's always easier when you know when the curtain is going up! :-)
*Along with all the outside work, if the weekend is dry I hope to get some grouting done. It is very interesting to try to grout this season. Either it's too cold or too wet so far! I have a craft show in October and I'm beginning to gear up for it ... must capitalize on the dry days to grout. Hope I'm in the right mood. Grouting is NOT a fun thing when you don't feel like doing it!
*The Dancer's Pointe dancers are no doubt beginning to get butterflies in their tummies as they pack their costumes for Nationals in NYC coming up. I am sending you all bunches of hugs and good lucks wishes and although we will not be able to be there in physical body, we will definitely be there in spirit!!! And that goes for you teachers and parents too. We love you all. :-)
***Well, that's about it for the mid week update from the Glovers. ***
Blessings to all,
Paul and Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment