Thursday, November 20, 2008

Winter is totally here






Our new wood burning furnace, thanks to the genius of Paul. Soon we will hook it to the ventilation system and be WARM (can I get an AMEN!) ... it is supposed to be 12 degrees in a few hours, with snow pouring ... some more!


















Another view ... we're burning it first to make sure there won't be any problems before we hook it up throughout the house. It puts out tons of heat .... LOVELY!!!












Typical cat naps ... mostly together ... the room where we watch t.v. has a wonderful little propane heat in it. The boys obviously love it!


I finally got some tiles out and this is what I have so far. It's Artemis, and you'll be able to identify it better once I get out the grout! And this was a lot of fun - back in the saddle, I hope!


A go-zillion Mother Earth magazines, compliments of Elise! Shay thinks we need all the help we can get ... she is RIGHT! This is where Paul got the information for the wood burner. We are TOTALLY grateful for the donation of this collection ... Whoo Hoo!!!



More apple juice ...
Well, 'nuff said




Paul's first finished weaving project. I was doing a mosaic ... he was weaving. It was snowing!
I am so impressed with this and can't wait to get my hands in it too ... more mosaics first.








Paul, the weaver. Isn't he precious? YEP!









The most incredible mountain man around! And comfortable enough in his masculinity to weave in the kitchen! HA!






Today is Paul's Mum's birthday! We wish her a HAPPY BIRTHDAY with many more to come.
Saturday is Sabrina's birthday! We wish her the very same!
Paul worked in the Christmas tree biz today ... and he smelled just like Christmas when he got home ... SO WONDERFUL and really gets you into the spirit. He might work again for the next couple of days ... depends on the extremity of the temperatures and the depth of snow. We hope he gets to work as we need the wages!! But we need the heating system completed, so if he doesn't work trees, he'll still be working! The list is so very long. Keeps us on the adventure!
We're drinking lots of hot drinks and I wore a toboggan to cook dinner the other night! Not for a fashion statement tho ... for warmth! I think that is a first for me ... and I hope it is a last!
Thanksgiving is coming up, which always makes me ut together that list of things I express gratitude over. The list is HUGE this year ... beginning with the continued remission of Jenn's cancer and moving right through waking up every day with such a perfect life and a wonderful loving partner to live this life with! THANK YOU doesn't seem to be adequate ~ that's all I have though ... so it's what I get to say. Hope all of you have your own lists to celebrate. :-)
For now ... Happy Trails to all,
Paul and Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment