Friday, August 17, 2007

The Garden Grows!







We're having a wonderful time watching our garden grow! Literally, Paul's first order of business every day when he gets home from work is to go out to the garden and take notice. He seems to be having a wonderful time with it all. The beans have countless blooms, the corn has started to tassel, the squash is flowering now and the lettuce, carrots and beets are getting bigger daily. We also have some tomatoes and are waiting to see if the pumpkins, bell peppers and cucumbers are going to yield anything. They are the slower of the crops ... but the plants look healthy and happy, so we're quite hopeful! As you can see, the now 4 year old Christian is also in on the gardening act. He and Paul weeded and de-rocked the middle row yesterday evening. Quite a duo, I must admit! The birds have planted some corn for us in our front flower bed as well ... always gifts to look forward to!
Paul's been playing lots of softball lately. I think the season is about over now, but he's had a great time. They have to place a coach of first base to tell him when to run ... but other than that, he does seem to be a natural. He's been catching and pitch hitting. And the smile that it puts on his face is delightful to see!
Tonight we're going to have a get together in honor of Christian's 4th year of life! Although we just don't know many children here, we have some adults who are game. So ... Charles is going to bring his tractor for Christian to ride on, and we'll have a cookout and maybe an impromptu game or two. I love having the big yard, it certainly opens up the options for entertaining!
It's been quite warm here. I had to get some anti-freeze in the car finally. Just couldn't stand driving in this heat! It's been up in the upper 80's and lower 90's, although I hear that'll be passing this weekend. Atlanta has been over 100 degrees for 2 weeks straight, and I think my sister has melted in Tennessee. It was 103 in Chesnee, SC yesterday when I drove through to pick up Christian. I will not complain as I know in a couple of months I will be freezing again! Believe it or not, some of the higher elevation is having some changing leaves already. I definitely was in surprise mode when I drove through yesterday and saw some red leaves on the trees!
Now that I'm back to work so many hours, there is not a lot of project finishing going on. We knew it would slow down, but since there is still so much to complete, it s kind of frustrating! Oh well, we do have the rest of our lives to finish it. I guess we'll just worry about that tomorrow (Scarlet).
Paul & I did get to go to an auction last Saturday night. We picked up a formal living room chair for $2 and a spindled desk chair for $1, a guitar for $3 and a coffee table for $7 ... it was a fun night again, we've really enjoyed the ones we've attended so far. Each one is different and there are lots of people to watch! Great fun for treasure hunting!
There are bunches of birthdays and such coming up. Pennisu and Scott celebrated their 5th wedding anniversary with a ceremony blessed by the church on the 10th. Congrats you two! So lovely when a relationship is that special! I understand Sarah Evertsen is having a 13th birthday this weekend, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Sarah!!! I know all you guys in Orlando start school on Monday, and I think everyone here does too, so GOOD LUCK to everyone in your upcoming academic year!!! And Good luck to the Dancer's Pointe and The School of Performing Arts as the new season begins!! So You Think You Can Dance is such an inspiration to the dance world, I hope you ALL have been watching and are taking good notes!!!!!! I sure am! I am so tickled for Sabra to have won this year! Yeah, GIRLS!!!! But my daughter and I agree that Danny can do things human beings can't do! What remarkable dancers they are!
Well, I'm hearing "Nana" in the background every 2 or 3 seconds now, so I must go answer my call!!! Happy Friday to All!!! Paul & Cheri

1 comment:

  1. Your garden sure looks good, but you know Paul will not eat all those greens, you will have to get him to have a table on the side of the road and sell them. Looks like we will be leaving here next Fri. to come visit!!!!.
    Mum.

    ReplyDelete