Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Sink Sunk!!!











Paul was able to sink our kitchen sink one evening last week!!! Isn't it spectacular??? I've posted some pics along our Phase I kitchen face lift. We are still waiting for the tin for the back splash and the sink front to come in and the cabinet hardware to be made... and then we'll poly the floor and Phase I will be mostly completed!! It's come a L O N G way from the starting line! We're thrilled (I am, more so than Paul, for obvious reasons!) with the outcome!! And we will, of course, continue to update with pics as things progress.
It's a 2 golf ball day here on the weather scene, which means it's going to be mild with no precipitation and in the 50's. The sky is that brilliant blue and the wind is still ~ for the most part. The cats are out on the screen porch watching the birds and air flow. We're enjoying our heat wave immensely!!! There is a rumor of snow flurries later in the week or weekend, but tomorrow is a 3 golf ball day ... so we're going to live in the moment around here!!!! I'm hoping March isn't going to roll in like a lion, but with the 70 to 100 mph winds we've been having around here, it looks like the Lion is going to roar. Actually, I guess if spring wants to roar in like a lion, as long as it actually gets here, who cares!?! I keep thinking winter isn't over yet because it hasn't been as intense as I've been promised it would be by the locals. But, if it is over, so be it! I'm glad to move forward ... but in doing so, I must thank everyone who has sent us warm thoughts and especially thanks to my brother who actually sent us a propane heater!!! Thanks, Wayne! You're the best! The heater takes care of the whole front of the house and it really makes a difference for us when we're watching t.v. and trying to enjoying a "normal" evening!
We spent another fun weekend this past weekend going from thrift store to book store and back again! We had a lovely time and enjoyed ourselves way more than we probably had a right to! But since we felt compelled to get out and about, we just enjoyed it! I guess sometimes you just have to go with the flow and relax a little ... even if you have a VERY long list of things to be done! We saw some interesting scenery ... it looks like a completely different planet around here without the ice and snow on the ground. I'm very anxious to experience the beauty of everything blooming and coming alive. It's been ages since we've seen a proper spring ... we're delirious with that prospect!
We received a letter yesterday from Kaley and Kristy Suero, who are 2 of our students from Orlando. Thank you, girls, for making our day!!! It was so delightful to hear from y'all. I smiled the rest of the day. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Teaching here is fun, but it is different. I miss taking class with my lady friends more than I can even put into words. I try to avoid thinking about it because it creates a vast sadness in my heart that I cannot even grasp. As my friend Valerie reminded me last Friday when she was telling me about the weather in Orlando, "you chose to leave" ... and although she is exact in that statement, it doesn't mean I don't miss my friends and students with whole bits of my heart! And so, I try to remain in the moment and not think about Thursday at noon when I would be in class, tapping my little heart out and smiling from my soul because it is my true passion.
On the other hand, I'm truly enjoying learning the real estate stuff, and since this is their "slow" season around here, it's giving me an opportunity to grasp it before it's too busy for me to learn. It's certainly a wonderful thing, learning something new! I may end up back in school after all ... we'll see. Paul seems to be plenty busy at work. This weekend is the big trade show for their industry and the owner of the company will be heading to FL to attend N.O.M.A. That leaves Paul here to mind the shop, which I think he'd rather do than go to the show ... so, all's well!
As March is rolling in (that means we've been here 5 months - so hard to believe!) we are just planning to continue on with the house ... and as soon as the weather indicates that green light, we'll hit the hiking trails with great gobs of gusto!!! I can't wait to get out there and wander around! I've noticed Paul reading lots of canoeing stuff lately, so that'll be on the agenda too, I'm sure! Now, the fun part of the adventure will begin ... and just in time to avoid cabin fever.
Welp, until next time, y'all stay healthy, happy and wise!!!! Paul & Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment