Wednesday, June 09, 2010

This Precious Life


During yesterday's Art Club meeting with Patti Conner Green (http://www.linvilleriverpottery.com) I was expressing how hard it is for me to take time out to do things that are life, that make life. I know my list of "to dos" by heart. It is long and specific. It is what seems to make me go. That is possibly designed by my nature being a Capricorn, or by my genetics of workaholic. Or perhaps I'm just results driven having always had a goal to work toward. Whatever it is, it is VERY near impossible for me to just sit down and spend the day reading a book, watching a movie or taking a day completely off. I can do it at the beach, because it is designated. So, to take yesterday and devote it to doing things that were more along the line of living life was a real reach for me.

As I've tried to explain, I'm gearing up for a new career and Patti is such an inspiration and so enthusiastic with ideas and suggestions, as she's "been there, done that". I am SO very grateful to have her in my life and so willing to share, and KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that ART CLUB is on my new to do list ~ the one where I live life.

Paul has been in Orlando with his dad who is recovering from back surgery. Glad to report Mel is doing very well and thank you to all who have asked and sent good wishes! His brother in law is also recovering from hip replacement surgery. Paul is having a rare opportunity to hang out with his family, canoe with his daughter, Nina, and live life.

There is a point to this blog, other than my rambling on about things. But the point is heart breaking and bit hard to approach. So please forgive my procrastination and now I'll get to it.

I received a phone call this morning from my "sister friend" Janine with some wretched news. Seems one of our sweet friends received the horrid news that her daughter was killed in a freak accident after slipping and hitting her head on a waterfall adventure. My heart is broken for the family. But from all I've heard about this young woman, the heavens certainly got a WONDERFUL angel. And just like that (snap fingers here), with one phone call, lives have been changed forever.

Don't ever forget how precious life is! How precious YOUR life is and the lives of your friends and family ... and the strangers you pass on the street and in your work life and in your world every day.

I think it's time to redo the to do list. I need to add the LIVE PRECIOUS LIFE item as number 1 thru 50.

Blessings to you and yours,
Cheri


No comments:

Post a Comment